Contagion

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 10th, 2011, 3:32 am #1

AVOID.

smirk
smirk

September 10th, 2011, 5:24 pm #2

I demand details. Particularly about the death of Paltrow.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 11th, 2011, 6:03 am #3

It's just awful. It's an insane bore. Zero tension, just lots of monotony. When we were leaving the theater, I immediately asked my friend, "Quick, give me the names of 3 characters in that movie." Couldn't do it, neither could I. So many characters, packed with A list stars, and I couldn't have cared less if any of them dropped dead at any moment. It isn't affecting, it's just boring. It isn't even two hours, but it feels like four. If they spent half the time making you care about any of the thousand characters on screen instead of rattling off medical jargon and showing computer graphics, maybe it could have worked.

GWYNETH PALTROW SPOILERS FOR SMIRK BELOW

She seizes up and dies in the first ten minutes, then they saw her head open.

September 11th, 2011, 12:23 pm #4

Ok I'll see Bucky Larson instead...

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

September 11th, 2011, 4:44 pm #5

Okay Todd let's not get ahead of ourselves. Warrior came out today, I hear it 's really great! I'm about to go check that out.

Or just sit home with your peas and see if Mary and Max is still streaming on Netflix. That's my top recommendation.

September 13th, 2011, 3:53 am #6

So I'm guessing if they adapted Scott Sigler's novel <em>Infected</em>, you wouldn't go and see it, huh Dante?

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="345"></embed></object>