Complaint dept

Complaint dept

May 25th, 2012, 7:39 pm #1

Does anyone else get nauseous when they eat Splenda? I have this crazy sensitivity to it (and Stevia) where it makes my tongue feel coated and my stomach feel upset, like it would be if I were reading in a moving vehicle.

I'm super pissed off because when I went down to $Bucks just now to get a drink, and said I didn't want anything super sweet, the girl suggested I try a light coffee frappuccino. I asked if it has any fake sweeteners in it - the word "light" set me off - but the guy who was actually making the beverage said "the sugar acts as more of a bonding agent in this case so fake sugar wouldn't produce the same effect. It's real sugar" I decided to believe Mr Science and ordered the drink.

Sure enough, it tasted weird and so I googled and it contains Splenda. I printed out the webpage and went downstairs to educate the young lady and she said "Is this recent because I can show you the syrup bottle..." and she same back and showed me the ingredients saying "See?" as she pointed to the word "Sucralose"

Ugh.

As I sit here typing out my complaint, I am feeling quite nauseous I am thinking of going back downstairs and asking Mr Science to give me a free drink coupon.

Anyone else got any complaints?

May 25th, 2012, 7:46 pm #2

I'm tired because the Mermaid and I went out drinking last night.

We were all set to veg on the couch when the woman who lives in back said, "Hey, I'm here, you guys should go out and I'll watch the monitors!"

So we went to my pal's bar.

Love that Guinness.

Then of course Declan picks last night to have his first middle of the night fit in a while. Not bad, but got me up at 3:30.

Also Millie was in our bed when we got home, and she tends to want to sleep perpendicularly to you, which makes for a few wake-ups.

So... tired.

Amber
Amber

May 25th, 2012, 8:13 pm #3

Ben's been waking up in the middle of the night more lately, too. We usually just let him come with us when he does, which may be a mistake, but I don't really mind it. He's so active during the day - past the snuggling phase for sure - so when he's sleepy and cuddley, I kind of soak it in while I can.

May 25th, 2012, 9:27 pm #4

It go up to the 90's a couple of times the last couple of weeks and now they are talking about snow over the weekend! Gah!!

Have a great weekend everybody!

"Ta Friggin da"

jiggy
jiggy

May 25th, 2012, 11:52 pm #5

I just read a thread where some crazy person blathered on about artificial sweeteners.

The shirt I have to wear today for my friend's wedding looks like a butterscotch wrapper.

jo
jo

May 26th, 2012, 12:06 am #6

pic?

It's humid here, that's my beef.

Oh that and some douche from a collection agency called here for a neighbour of mine whom I do not know. Said douche wanted me to walk over and put a note on the neighbour's door because douche couldn't reach them. (!!)

Do your own work slimebag!

May 26th, 2012, 12:30 am #7

I thought of a better complaint....
the cat just threw up on freshly cleaned carpet.
Last edited by CanadianRaven on May 26th, 2012, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

jiggy
jiggy

May 26th, 2012, 12:33 am #8

pic?

It's humid here, that's my beef.

Oh that and some douche from a collection agency called here for a neighbour of mine whom I do not know. Said douche wanted me to walk over and put a note on the neighbour's door because douche couldn't reach them. (!!)

Do your own work slimebag!
I'll post a pic tonight. This thing is terrible. It is see through sheer, butterscotch colored, and shiny.
I think it was made from an old lady's curtains.
Richard Simmons would feel gay wearing it.

It's about 100 degrees and 90% humidity here.

May 26th, 2012, 12:34 am #9

OMG your description is amazing. I can't wait to see it!

Jo
Jo

May 26th, 2012, 12:38 am #10

so you look like a Werther'S?

Sweat doesn't go well with sheer or shiny, I hope you're inside for everything

ETA pics

Disco Inferno

oh a wreath for Appy too

Last edited by Cuppajo on May 26th, 2012, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.