Cinco de Super Moon

Cinco de Super Moon

May 3rd, 2012, 6:39 pm #1

Saturday, Cinco de Mayo and this year's super moon occur together. A super moon is where the moon appears the largest and brightest in full moon for the year.

"The moon will officially become full at 11:35 p.m. on Saturday, May 5. This coincides almost perfectly with the moon's perigee that is, the moment when the moon is closest to Earth in its orbit. This super moon will be especially pronounced given that this will be the moon's closest approach of the year."

And... I don't have to explain Cinco de Mayo to you hooligans! Could make for a really fun night!

Any Cinco de Mayo plans? I was thinking something tame like making Pollo Fundido for dinner.

Last edited by AnnyBoo on May 3rd, 2012, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 3rd, 2012, 8:01 pm #2

Sounds very cool. I will be completely sober at my house and I will go outside without any cigarettes and look up.

May 3rd, 2012, 8:05 pm #3

No Cinco plans? Not even a fiesta dinner?

May 3rd, 2012, 8:13 pm #4

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Pollo Fundido? WTH? (just kidding, what is that?)

Did you know it rains on Jupiter's moon Titan?

May 3rd, 2012, 8:22 pm #5

Saturday, Cinco de Mayo and this year's super moon occur together. A super moon is where the moon appears the largest and brightest in full moon for the year.

"The moon will officially become full at 11:35 p.m. on Saturday, May 5. This coincides almost perfectly with the moon's perigee that is, the moment when the moon is closest to Earth in its orbit. This super moon will be especially pronounced given that this will be the moon's closest approach of the year."

And... I don't have to explain Cinco de Mayo to you hooligans! Could make for a really fun night!

Any Cinco de Mayo plans? I was thinking something tame like making Pollo Fundido for dinner.

I hope I remember to look at the moon. I tried a pinterest chicken taco recipe, it was yum!

Sangria is Spanish, is that close enough to drink on sat?? Anyone have a good recipe?

Eta: is the derby Sunday? I've never had a mint Julip!
Last edited by Appalled on May 3rd, 2012, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 3rd, 2012, 8:22 pm #6

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Pollo Fundido? WTH? (just kidding, what is that?)

Did you know it rains on Jupiter's moon Titan?
We have the Hash AGM and a Cinco de Mayo/ Derby party to go to that day. I am really going to have to pace myself if I don't want to end up asleep by 8pm...

May 3rd, 2012, 8:25 pm #7

I hope I remember to look at the moon. I tried a pinterest chicken taco recipe, it was yum!

Sangria is Spanish, is that close enough to drink on sat?? Anyone have a good recipe?

Eta: is the derby Sunday? I've never had a mint Julip!
Bider - pollo fundido is shredded chicken and seasonings with a cream cheese sauce that is wrapped in a flour tortilla and then deep fried, then put cheese on top and bake in the oven.

Or... HEAVEN, as I like to call it. It looks like this:

May 3rd, 2012, 8:28 pm #8

Is this trailer trash food for people living south of the border?  What's up with the fake ass cheese?

Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird
<i>Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird</i>

May 3rd, 2012, 8:29 pm #9

Yeah that picture does suck, Ginny.

Most of the Mexican restaurants that I frequented in Phoenix had it on the menu. It's AMAZING.

May 3rd, 2012, 8:32 pm #10

If you order a cheesesteak "WIT" that's the cheese you get.