Baseball rant!

April 16th, 2012, 8:28 pm #11

Caps - my dog is actually named after Skip Caray (son of Haray Caray). He occasionally did the broadcast on TBS, but was usually the radio guy. Died in August of 2008; I used to watch the games on TBS and listen to the radio broadcast because of him. Something about his method of announcing always made me think of him as a grandfather like figure. Both my grandpas died when I was very young so in a weird way the man in the radio was my replacement. I was absolutely heartbroken when he passed.

April 16th, 2012, 8:32 pm #12

If you don't mind radio, you can listen to the mlb.tv radio broadcasts anywhere - no blackout restrictions.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

CapsLock
CapsLock

April 16th, 2012, 8:35 pm #13

Caps - my dog is actually named after Skip Caray (son of Haray Caray). He occasionally did the broadcast on TBS, but was usually the radio guy. Died in August of 2008; I used to watch the games on TBS and listen to the radio broadcast because of him. Something about his method of announcing always made me think of him as a grandfather like figure. Both my grandpas died when I was very young so in a weird way the man in the radio was my replacement. I was absolutely heartbroken when he passed.
I totally get that. I remember Skip Caray. I didn't know he was dead or I had forgotten. He was great. That's a nice tribute, Theo.

April 16th, 2012, 8:47 pm #14

Thanks, Caps.

Dr. Zh, that's what I'm surviving on right now. I do love baseball on the radio, but sometimes I just need to see Chipper crush the ball before he injures his oblique.