Avengers Movie... anyone see it?

Avengers Movie... anyone see it?

May 7th, 2012, 12:33 pm #1

Don't spoil please if you did - I'm just wondering if it was as good as everyone says?

The money is incredible!

"In a strong start to Hollywood's summer movie season the superhero team in "Marvel's The Avengers" took in about $200.3 million at North American theaters over the weekend, according to Walt Disney Studios, which released the film... "The Avengers" about a star squad of Marvel superheroes, including Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Black Widow is now on track to take in over $1 billion at the global box office, analysts estimate. This 3-D picture, directed by Joss Whedon (until now best known for creating "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), has already sold about $441.5 million in tickets overseas and has yet to open in important markets like Japan...."I'm running low on double takes," Dave Hollis, executive vice president for distribution at Disney, said on Sunday morning. "As the numbers came in, we kept thinking, 'Can these numbers possibly be right?' " "

I'm also sure that some of you will agree with me (TROO) that it's sweet that Joss Wheedon is getting some props. Maybe now they'll do a Serenity sequel.

I probably won't see it until it goes to On-Demand. Which is probably Christmas.

May 7th, 2012, 12:55 pm #2

This seems like one of those movies that really benefits from a theater environment. Bob Mondello with NPR gave it a review that practically oozes praise. I'm going to try to see it while it's still in theaters but after the initial crowds die down a bit.

Here's a link to the review. No spoilers in it.

http://www.npr.org/series/movie-reviews/

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 7th, 2012, 12:59 pm #3

I don't like Robert Downey Jackass.

Appalled
Appalled

May 7th, 2012, 1:00 pm #4

This seems like one of those movies that really benefits from a theater environment. Bob Mondello with NPR gave it a review that practically oozes praise. I'm going to try to see it while it's still in theaters but after the initial crowds die down a bit.

Here's a link to the review. No spoilers in it.

http://www.npr.org/series/movie-reviews/
I have Avery nerdy cousin, goes to comic conventions etc, (in costume). Saw him over the weekend and he said Avengers instantly moved into his top 10. That made me want to see it.

A Citizen
A Citizen

May 7th, 2012, 1:02 pm #5

Saw it Friday- worth seeing in theaters

'neady
'neady

May 7th, 2012, 1:07 pm #6

I have Avery nerdy cousin, goes to comic conventions etc, (in costume). Saw him over the weekend and he said Avengers instantly moved into his top 10. That made me want to see it.
I have no desire to see it. I haven't watched the other superhero movies so I feel like I wouldn't understand some things.
B wants to see it so I'll go for him.

May 7th, 2012, 1:11 pm #7

Im kinda over the super hero movies too, but this one seems special. I'll see it next year on hbo.

May 7th, 2012, 1:39 pm #8

I love superhero movies, and enjoyed all of the 'leadup' movies to this one, except Iron Man 2, which was a big bummer.

Citizen - how did Ruffalo do replacing Ed Norton as the Hulk? Norton did a good job in his Hulk movie, but I wouldn't want to make an ensemble movie with a prima donna prick either, so I guess I understand.

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 7th, 2012, 1:51 pm #9

You're talking about Robert Downey Jr?

May 7th, 2012, 2:00 pm #10

Don't spoil please if you did - I'm just wondering if it was as good as everyone says?

The money is incredible!

"In a strong start to Hollywood's summer movie season the superhero team in "Marvel's The Avengers" took in about $200.3 million at North American theaters over the weekend, according to Walt Disney Studios, which released the film... "The Avengers" about a star squad of Marvel superheroes, including Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Black Widow is now on track to take in over $1 billion at the global box office, analysts estimate. This 3-D picture, directed by Joss Whedon (until now best known for creating "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), has already sold about $441.5 million in tickets overseas and has yet to open in important markets like Japan...."I'm running low on double takes," Dave Hollis, executive vice president for distribution at Disney, said on Sunday morning. "As the numbers came in, we kept thinking, 'Can these numbers possibly be right?' " "

I'm also sure that some of you will agree with me (TROO) that it's sweet that Joss Wheedon is getting some props. Maybe now they'll do a Serenity sequel.

I probably won't see it until it goes to On-Demand. Which is probably Christmas.
I am dying to see it. I've read all the articles, the group interviews (hilarious), and have seen all the single movies. Joss Whedon is king of the snappy dialog, so I am sure there will be a lot of ripping going on, kind of like this:

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/bd38 ... _and_words

Kool is our alpha male. He is our Air Supply and our REO Speedwagon.