Angels and Demons

Angels and Demons

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 18th, 2009, 3:40 am #1

Holy wow! Not bad! I haaaaaaaated DaVinci Code, but they really addressed every problem I had with the first for this one. While it isn't entirely gone, there are no obnoxious graphies spoon feeding the audience what you are supposed to understand, the pace is much faster. It's non stop frantic, much better pacing. Hanks is alive in this one, which is nice too. He was set on monotone for the entire DaVinci code.

Maybe anything looks good next to DaVinci Code, but they really could have phoned this one in and went that extra length to do better, which I appreciate because I know Ron Howard and Tom Hanks could be doing anything better, but sure aren't gonna turn down the bucks thrown at them to make a sequel to such a turd (I read with this flick, Tom is officially the highest paid actor ever, 50 million bucks for this flick).

May 18th, 2009, 12:42 pm #2

Did you read the book?

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 18th, 2009, 4:50 pm #3

Yep, I read the book about 5-6 years ago. I rather enjoyed it, but I don't remember it well enough (just like I won't remember this flick in five years) to tell you how accurate of an adaptation it was, but all the basics were there. Tried to read DaVinci Code right afterwards, but couldn't bring myself to finish it, because it felt like the same story again with a slightly different premise. Probably should have had some time in between.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 18th, 2009, 5:53 pm #4

The thing to note is that I too consider The DaVinci Code to be a horrible wet fart of a movie, but rather enjoyed this one. If you're curious, don't write it off.