Acid Trip

Acid Trip

April 24th, 2012, 1:28 pm #1

I posted this on the Mad Men thread but figure I'd ask...

Have you tried acid or shrooms?

Good experience or nay...?

April 24th, 2012, 1:31 pm #2

Yes. Exhausting. Has to be done, but tread carefully. Treat with respect. And set aside lots of time. And make sure you're amongst friends and people you trust and not anywhere that may scare or freak you. The positive side is that it'll give you a whole new way of looking at stuff.

smirk
smirk

April 24th, 2012, 1:36 pm #3

I wanna do acid again. I'm going to wait for retirement.

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 24th, 2012, 1:36 pm #4

Yes. Exhausting. Has to be done, but tread carefully. Treat with respect. And set aside lots of time. And make sure you're amongst friends and people you trust and not anywhere that may scare or freak you. The positive side is that it'll give you a whole new way of looking at stuff.
Are there many people that haven't gone down this road at some point? Maybe it's all about prescription drugs now, I don't know.

Both. I preferred shrooms - you land a little softer. Both are a lot of fun though, as long as you don't have anything in particular bothering you just before you do it, or like ED said you're in a place that isn't conducive to staring at your own eyelids/some asshole is afoot.

Once you hit a certain age, just forget it. The real world won't let you enjoy it and you'll most likely spend several hours curled up in a fetal position behind your easy chair, crying quietly.

April 24th, 2012, 1:37 pm #5

I wanna do acid again. I'm going to wait for retirement.
Gaps in between do seem to get longer and longer. It's now been about 20 years since I did any of that sort of thing.

April 24th, 2012, 1:38 pm #6

Are there many people that haven't gone down this road at some point? Maybe it's all about prescription drugs now, I don't know.

Both. I preferred shrooms - you land a little softer. Both are a lot of fun though, as long as you don't have anything in particular bothering you just before you do it, or like ED said you're in a place that isn't conducive to staring at your own eyelids/some asshole is afoot.

Once you hit a certain age, just forget it. The real world won't let you enjoy it and you'll most likely spend several hours curled up in a fetal position behind your easy chair, crying quietly.
Really? You think it would affect the more mature person that badly? I'm not so pessimistic myself.

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 24th, 2012, 1:42 pm #7

Yes. Yes, I do. 20 years ago, what was your biggest problem? Getting to class on time?

How about now? I need a new roof. They're talking layoffs at work. I've got a giant medical bill. Kids. Where is that kid, anyway? I bet my neighbors know I'm doing this. Oh shit.

April 24th, 2012, 1:43 pm #8

God, I thought I was tense!

How about getting away to the country in an RV for the weekend? Away from that domestic stuff. That would work. Oh, and take some cool music!

(Oh and 20 years ago I was 25. No classes for me!)
Last edited by englishdude on April 24th, 2012, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 24th, 2012, 1:47 pm #9

You can't be serious. I had some young friends offer me some when we were debating a canoe trip. I considered it for about 2.5 seconds and then thought - do I really want to be out in the middle of nowhere on a mind altering substance with no one to turn to but this 25 year old girl who doesn't even have to work? No. I do not.

I had some other old friends that are old enough to know better offer me another type of pick me up around Christmastime. Listen to me now. Don't do it. You are too old. Trust me.

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 24th, 2012, 1:50 pm #10

20 years ago I shouldn't have been in classes either, but I was. I wonder why??