1408?

1408?

June 7th, 2007, 11:38 pm #1

Anybody psyched to see it, read it, interested?

I'm not, but maybe someone can change my mind.

Opinions?

Trailer. http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/180972161 ... s.37424927-

June 8th, 2007, 2:59 pm #2

I think you should have found a longer link.

----------------------------------------
<font size=1>http://blogcabins.blogspot.com
Come into the Blog Cabins. It's all woodsy inside!</font>

June 9th, 2007, 2:35 am #3

Anybody psyched to see it, read it, interested?

I'm not, but maybe someone can change my mind.

Opinions?

Trailer. http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/180972161 ... s.37424927-
The short story was awesome! It's in Everything's Eventual and you guys should totally read it. I just don't understand why they had to add a little kid to the movie, though; I think it could do fine without.

Spaz
Spaz

June 10th, 2007, 11:27 am #4

It's a doozy aint it Jeez

June 12th, 2007, 9:49 pm #5

Cast looks promising. John Cusack doesn't often appear in complete clunkers.&nbsp;

Night Stalker
Night Stalker

June 14th, 2007, 11:56 am #6

I got a chance to see an advance screening of 1408 tonight at AMC Clifton Commons 16 in New Jersey. To me the movie was excellent. John Cusack's performance was great along with the few parts of Samuel L. Jackson was in.

Let me break this down (slight but nothing major spoilers for the story part of the review)

Story - 9/10 - Its based off of a short story written by Stephen King. Micheal Enslin is a writer who goes around the country (maybe world) writing about haunted houses, mansions, hotels, and etc... After checking his mail, which contains brouchers of hotels inviting Enslin to stay at their haunted hotels, he comes across a postcard from the Dolphin Hotel in NYC with a message saying "Do Not Enter 1408." From their Enslin's night starts in 1408. Everything that takes place in the hotel room is suspenseful and not dull at all. Without saying too much, the ending of the movie is fitting and leaves the crowd with closure.

Acting - 8.5/10 - John Cusack does a remarkable job with his character as does Samuel L. Jackson. The problem with the acting falls with the character that play's Cusack's wife in the movie. She doesn't have much air time and her performance is ok at best.

Entertainment Value - 10/10 - I have to give this a perfect score. The movie from beginning to end was entertaining to watch. This month I have seen Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, and Pirates 3, yet i had more fun watching 1408. The pacing of the movie is spot on and you don't feel it dragging on at any parts. You get both horror and a bit of comedy thrown into the mix which allows for a fun and memorable time.

1408's run time falls around a hour and a half or a bit more. I didn't get a chance to notice the time since they made us turn off cell phones in the theater. The great thing about the movie too is the ending leaves you satisfied, which most horror movies cant do now adays.

Great movie, great time, i recommend it to everyone.

Overall score - 9/10