dWb Superstar

August 6th, 2018, 12:44 am #321

Bashams had a short run in TNA after their ECW run 

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 6th, 2018, 12:47 am #322

Erick Von Erich wrote: Since "the Network Era", Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura, Rusev and (unexpectedly) Elias seem to be the only NXT call-ups who have really done well. Sami Zayn has done okay. Samoa Joe has had the injury thing. Finn Balor's just been...there.

Kind of a reach to go with Mason Ryan as an example. If you're going back to that time (2012-ish), then you'd have to include NXT call-ups The Shield. They've done well.

You could add Neville as another flop. They presented him as a Big Deal upon his arrival, but it quickly fizzled out. They tried to revive him with 205 Live, but I don't know if you can score that as a success.

This doesn't mean "NXT is full of a buncha' over-rated clowns". NXT, itself, is pretty darn good and the best wrestling show today; hands down. Now, when guys LEAVE and go to the main roster--- that's when it all goes to poo.
You're forgetting the women.  Charlotte has been a star. Alexa bliss and Carmella (like Elias) have exceeded expectations. Sasha banks, bayley and Becky Lynch have all done well. Maybe not as well as expected, but still have done well 

I never said everyone from NXT sucked. Wasn't thinking of the network era.  Yes they get more exposure now.  But mason ryan had buzz when he was called up. And he bombed 

Shield was definitely the best success from NXT.  Whether together or separate. 
Nexus could have been as well. But they messed it up. Though D. Bry still had great success. Barrett had some but should have had more 

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 6th, 2018, 5:06 am #323

torturedsoulv1 wrote: Bashams had a short run in TNA after their ECW run 
Ah yeah, I remember that, it was pretty funny. I seem to remember Mike Tenay being all like "WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE?!?!?!" and I'm sitting on my couch like "What the hell are they doing here...?"

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 6th, 2018, 8:07 pm #324

I don't get the "over-rated" thing and don't feel it's a fair description. I figure NXT call-ups are like a draft class--- not all of your picks are going to pan out. Not everybody's going to be a main eventer, either. It can be booking, injuries, or a number of things that lead to their lack of success.

If you're personally unimpressed with someone; or they're not getting over; that doesn't mean they're "over-rated".

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 9th, 2018, 4:29 am #325

Top overrated since I started watching in '83. Just my opinion 

Not including guys like Ivan Putski, chief Jay strongbow as their careers were towards the end when I started watching 

Luger overrated by management mostly 

Cena.  He's good. But shouldn't have been a ten thousand time world champ
And if Lesnar hadn't left for the NFL/UFC he Cena wouldn't have been the top guy

Goldberg (though I did like his WWE run two years ago)
Overrated by management and the fans

Kevin Nash overrated by management

Greg Gagne - if his last name wasn't Gagne nobody would have known him

Konnan - the fact that he took credit for all the luchadores = yeah sure. Great talker for sure but overrated in the ring 

Sid Vicious - had the look and that was it 

Brutus beefcake = a great look/ hogan's good friend 

Ultimate Warrior - yeah he was over with the fans. But "replacing Hulk Hogan"  = he didn't deserve it 

Original Sin Cara - botch city. 

Erik Watts - nepotism = he was routinely dominating Arn Anderson

Billy Jack Haynes - flopped in the WWF and WCW after being a big deal in Florida and Oregon 

El Gigante. Only got pushed cause he was twenty feet tall

Lance Von Erich -  yeah he had the look. They gave him the VE name. And um yeah. 

Wendy Richter had the perfect look for the rock n wrestling connection.  Once that was over she was done 

Asuka = not the worst on my list. But hasn't lived up to the hype. The fact that they booked Carmella to go over he twice tells me all I need to know about her

Public Enemy = Awesome in ECW. Flopped mightily in WCW and then the WWF after having a bidding war between the two companies. Then flopped in their return to ECW

Crimson = why did he have that long undefeated streak in TNA?

Mr. Kennedy/Mr. Anderson.  He was a very good talker. But meh in the ring 

JBL = didn't deserve the longest reign of a smackdown world title holder

Ahmed Johnson 

Trish stratus. Some consider the the greatest female of all time. Ha ha ha 

Sable = ridiculously hot. Horrible in the ring and on the mic 

Buff Bagwell

Big Show/the giant.  Because of weight gain and inconsistent booking. But he was at the top of the card way too long

Justin Credible.  Highly undeserving of the ECW world title

Mick foley.  Never shou,d have been world champ 

New age outlaws.  If they weren't part of DX, no one would have cared IMO 

Tommy Rich. How he was NWA champion I will never understand. That was before I started watching. But he was still heavily pushed when I started watching

Mike Von Erich.  Deserved a push even less than agree Gagne didi

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 11th, 2018, 6:48 am #326

The AOP bore me to death.  I'm starting to like the Revival though.  I thought they were overrated as technicians but lately I can appreciate they are very good in the ring