Moderator: Mad Dog

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

10:01 PM - Jul 06, 2018 #291

Enough with this no one is ready for Asuka crap. She'll be a jobber once her program with Carmella is done. As she should be

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

6:16 AM - Jul 10, 2018 #292

Drew McIntyre vs Seth Rollins was an awesome main event tonight

Fuck reigns or lashley. Have McIntyre beat Lesnar for the universal title. And I like both reigns and lashley.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

12:15 AM - Jul 12, 2018 #293

Mustache Mountain and Ricochet vs. Undisputed Era on last week's NXT was all kinds of good.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

9:25 PM - Jul 12, 2018 #294

No clue who mustache mountain are

I assume they are new NXT guys or U.K. Guys?

Adam Cole I loved in ROH. Very good wrestler. Very good on the mic
Fish is damn good in the the ring. Good, not great on the mic

Roderick strong I've said before on here. Bores me. Didn't like him in his short TNA run I'm guessing 2005
Same with ROH. Zero charisma/ mic skills. He's good in the ring but I'm not into his billion bckbreakers and uppercuts offense

Kyle oreilly. Zero mic skills. His got the hybrid MMA/wrestling style. He's good but at times I tdunno how to put it, just not as into him as Fish

I probably should watch NXT. Never have.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

10:21 PM - Jul 12, 2018 #295

Yup, Moustache Mountain are NXT:UK guys-- Tyler Bate and Trent Seven. Current NXT tag champs, which I think is a temporary hot-shot thing to give some credibility to the new NXT: UK. They've actually been acknowledged as a team since the first time they were both on WWE TV in early 2017.

Strong has impressed me in his NXT tenure. He seemed like a random indy guy, but I grew to like him. Not my favorite, but I do like him. He does some chicken-shit heel techniques, now, which work pretty well. In tag matches, he's crapped his pants whenever he's in the ring with arch enemy Pete Dunne. His vocal delivery could use some work, though. He has kind of a dorky voice.

Bobby Fish is still out with an injury, but pops up every so often, backstage. I agree with you on O'Reilly. I like his kicks n' stuff, but he's not good on the mic. Probably why he and Strong have Cole as their mouthpiece.

O'Reilly had a great match against Pete Dunne, recently. Forget the exact date, but it's worth tracking down.

I think NXT is a better economical way to enjoy wrestling, on a weekly basis. Forget 3 hours of Raw and/or 2 hours of Smackdown. Watch one hour of NXT and you're good. Booking-wise, it has more of the "old school" mentality-- guys feud over belts and contendership. Even the current blood feud between Gargano and Ciampa stemmed from a championship (tag titles).

I've really been enjoying NXT for awhile, now. However, when I first started watching it, I didn't get it and was fairly annoyed (probably because they were pushing Mojo Freakin' Rawley as a big deal, then). I'd be hesitant to say "you should check out THIS particular show (insert date)". Instead, I'd refer you to the next Takeover special. I'm thinking it's the night before SummerSlam. If you're stuck on watching SummerSlam, live, you can always watch Takeover later in the week. They're (usually) not connected.

I know, it's annoying when folks online say: "I think you'd like this"...but I think you might.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

5:05 AM - Jul 13, 2018 #296

I appreciate the input. I don't watch the U.K. Stuff, but I've heard of bate and Dunn.

I still watch raw and smackdown. I had 9 months worth of impact on a DVR. Cause during the two tax seasons I don't watch impact or ROH. Barely watch WWE then.

And I had a year of ROH. An exact year. Not sure why I still save all of that. Yes ROH are one hour only and generally the matches are very Good. But still I don't know why I keep them
More than half the wrestlers in each place are gone

I "binge watched" impact and ROH over the last 11 days as we were closed and didn't go away (was at our shore house). Watched at least 10 impacts and 10 RoHs i that time. Plus a few flaws and smackdown

But I will watch the takeover as you suggested. I may go to summerslam as it's at Barclays. Haven't been to any of the ones that have been there the last few years. But went to the last two raws the day after

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

5:14 AM - Jul 13, 2018 #297

Erick Von Erich wrote:Yup, Moustache Mountain are NXT:UK guys-- Tyler Bate and Trent Seven. Current NXT tag champs, which I think is a temporary hot-shot thing to give some credibility to the new NXT: UK. They've actually been acknowledged as a team since the first time they were both on WWE TV in early 2017.

Strong has impressed me in his NXT tenure. He seemed like a random indy guy, but I grew to like him. Not my favorite, but I do like him. He does some chicken-shit heel techniques, now, which work pretty well. In tag matches, he's crapped his pants whenever he's in the ring with arch enemy Pete Dunne. His vocal delivery could use some work, though. He has kind of a dorky voice.

Bobby Fish is still out with an injury, but pops up every so often, backstage. I agree with you on O'Reilly. I like his kicks n' stuff, but he's not good on the mic. Probably why he and Strong have Cole as their mouthpiece.

O'Reilly had a great match against Pete Dunne, recently. Forget the exact date, but it's worth tracking down.

I think NXT is a better economical way to enjoy wrestling, on a weekly basis. Forget 3 hours of Raw and/or 2 hours of Smackdown. Watch one hour of NXT and you're good. Booking-wise, it has more of the "old school" mentality-- guys feud over belts and contendership. Even the current blood feud between Gargano and Ciampa stemmed from a championship (tag titles).

I've really been enjoying NXT for awhile, now. However, when I first started watching it, I didn't get it and was fairly annoyed (probably because they were pushing Mojo Freakin' Rawley as a big deal, then). I'd be hesitant to say "you should check out THIS particular show (insert date)". Instead, I'd refer you to the next Takeover special. I'm thinking it's the night before SummerSlam. If you're stuck on watching SummerSlam, live, you can always watch Takeover later in the week. They're (usually) not connected.

I know, it's annoying when folks online say: "I think you'd like this"...but I think you might.
O Reilly was a flop as ROH champ. They put the belt back on Cole pretty quickly

The feud oreilly had with Cole which led to him winning the belt was pretty good

I started watching ROH after the redragon team was no longer a regular thing
But fish/ o Reilly would still watch each other's backs and occasionally team

Cole was good in bullet club as well

Also liked him in he kingdom. With Matt Raven, mike Bennett and Maria

Think Cole was better as a talker when he was with bullet club rather than when he was in the kingdom. Probably because he did more talking in BC. Young bucks are okay on the mic but not at coles level. And hangman page is meh on the mic. They were the group in ROH at that time

Kingdom, Bennett and Maria who are both good in the mic did a lot of talking. Tavern is good on the mic as well. So Cole didn't talk as much then.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

3:15 PM - Jul 13, 2018 #298

NXT has been promoting the title match between Aleister Black and Tomasso Ciampa for three weeks, now. Normally, I'd say Black would win, without a second thought. BUT... with the way they've been playing it up, I could actually see them doing a hotshot title change and Ciampa scoring the upset.

It would then lead to the FINAL Gargano/Ciampa match at Takeover. Not only to settle their score, but also for the NXT title. That's a realistic scenario and imagine the reaction when Gargano wins.

Aleister Black seems like a "ready for Prime Time" package. I could definitely see him on the main roster right after SummerSlam. So...sucks that the end of my Black Mark-ness is near. That'd put his NXT title reign and roster call-up on the same exact schedule as Bobby Roode's, from last year (wins the title over Mania weekend; defends on June special; loses at Takeover Brooklyn; pops up on main roster after SummerSlam).

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

10:38 PM - Jul 15, 2018 #299

I'll be splitting Extreme Rules into 2 viewings over the course of the next 2 days, so expect a recap sometime tomorrow night.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

11:54 PM - Jul 15, 2018 #300

Extreme Rules is still only a few matches deep but this has been one terrible stretch of "barely qualifies for an average episode of Raw/SD" with the 2 Kickoff matches and 3 PPV matches presented so far.