Moderator: Mad Dog

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 21st, 2018, 4:52 am #281

I like him but that name...

Infinite Devil Machine
dWb Superstar

June 21st, 2018, 5:12 am #282

Constable Corbin should become GM of the Network UK show. And he should affect a British accent. And nobody on RAW should ever acknowledge the fact that he and the GM of WWE UK TV are the same guy.

What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

June 22nd, 2018, 6:08 pm #283

Quick NXT reactions on the June 20 episode;

-It was the leftovers from "Takeover: Chicago 2", right?

-Bianca Belair reminds me a little bit of Charlotte with her power/core moves. The bookers and Bianca herself don't seem to know if she's a heel or face, though.

-Ditto for War Raiders. They started out as heels, but now they appear to be tweeners, at least.

-Normally, I'd be annoyed that TM-61 is now being called just "The Mighty" (yes, I know they were "TMDK/The Mighty Don't Kneel" before NXT). But it's part of their turn to wily, cheating, heels so it works. Ditto for their new trenchcoats and long pants. Nick Miller's looking a little like "Mean" Mike Enos, too.

-I think I mentioned this awhile back, but I'm guessing Gargano/Ciampa goes all the way until this year's Brooklyn Takeover in August. Third and final match between them-- like a Last Man Standing, Hell in a Cell, or something. After that...snif... they'll probably leave NXT and end up elsewhere.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

June 23rd, 2018, 5:54 am #284

Never understood why war machine/raiders were faces in ROH. Thought they'd be better as heels. I think they're overrated. But, they've definitely improved from when I first saw them I guess 4 years ago

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

June 26th, 2018, 3:31 pm #285

torturedsoulv1 wrote:Never understood why war machine/raiders were faces in ROH. Thought they'd be better as heels. I think they're overrated. But, they've definitely improved from when I first saw them I guess 4 years ago
I'm warming up to them, a bit. I'm guessing they're becoming faces (at least in NXT) because they've come in with a lot of high-impact moves and have squashed two established teams (Heavy Machinery and TM-61...along with some jobbers). So in that regard, I guess they've got some of that Goldberg '98 appeal--- a tweener who got over on the way he destroyed people. Before long, he was a face.

The over-use of the devil horns is annoying, but fans seem to like it. So the casual fan who hasn't seen them as "War Machine"; which includes myself; they seem like two butt-kicking metalheads.

But change their names, please. I mean, thumbs down to the name "Rowe"

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

June 27th, 2018, 3:43 am #286

Part of their appeal in ROH is they were bigger than all the teams they faced

ROH had a bunch of smaller teams like the young Bucks (who I love and are the best team in wrestling the last few years IMO), the machine guns,

Kaz and Daniels aren't small, but compared to war machine they were

Until ROH brought in Keith Lee and Shane taylor. They had some awesome matches together. ROH made a mistake not resigning Lee to a better contract. Think he went to evolve before NXT recently him

Taylor is still with ROH

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

July 4th, 2018, 1:20 am #287

Jinder Mahal worked the "Main Event" taping last night... back where he belongs.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

July 4th, 2018, 3:25 am #288

Scrooge McSuck wrote:Jinder Mahal worked the "Main Event" taping last night... back where he belongs.
Shanti

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

July 5th, 2018, 2:32 pm #289

WWE added a 3-hour long Hidden Gem from July 4th, 1993... Interesting.

We can finally see all the failed slam attempts!

HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar
HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar

July 5th, 2018, 7:35 pm #290

Scrooge McSuck wrote:WWE added a 3-hour long Hidden Gem from July 4th, 1993... Interesting.

We can finally see all the failed slam attempts!
I still want that Taker vs Macho Man match damnit!!
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN