Moderator: Mad Dog

WWE TV and Network Talk 2017

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

4:26 AM - Jan 06, 2017 #1

I'm binge watching NXT to catch up to the newest episode, and I guess I picked a perfect time to miss almost 2 months worth of shows, since 1 was mostly Takeover: Toronto recaps and dark matches, and 2 others were just special cards that really meant nothing to the ongoing storylines.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

4:02 PM - Jan 06, 2017 #2

They kinda' tied up the Joe/Nakamura feud with the special cards, so that counts for something. Booby Roode as the new #1 contender, as well.

Other smaller things they're advancing would be Andrade Almas as a capable heel threat and the return of "The Drifter". Okay, not so much that last one.... but it made me chuckle. He was just hanging around, before, but I like how his pre-match guitar playing and singing seem to have finally generated some heat for the guy. I think the over/under on when the guitar gets smashed is 2 months. Either being used as a weapon or a face going all "John Belushi in Animal House" on it.

HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar
HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar

4:28 AM - Jan 15, 2017 #3

Looks like they're bringing back the ''Kings Court'' on Smackdown this week. I hope they let Lawler be his natural heel self like how he was in the 90s. Have Cena be his guest and just let King let loose on him verbally.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

5:15 PM - Jan 15, 2017 #4

If my level of interest was strained with the addition of 205 Live, the weekend long UK Tournament holds zero interest to me. I'm assuming this sets up some kind of working arrangement to have a regularly featured show with foreign talent, otherwise I don't see the point of doing a tournament for a niche market just for the sake of doing a tournament.

Infinite Devil Machine
dWb Superstar

8:08 PM - Jan 15, 2017 #5

Scrooge McSuck,Jan 15 2017 wrote: If my level of interest was strained with the addition of 205 Live, the weekend long UK Tournament holds zero interest to me. I'm assuming this sets up some kind of working arrangement to have a regularly featured show with foreign talent, otherwise I don't see the point of doing a tournament for a niche market just for the sake of doing a tournament.
Well, England has suddenly become a bit of a hotbed for pro-wrestling again with What Culture Pro Wrestling's promotion, World of Sport trying to make a comeback (JR did the commentary for their pilot episode), and the fact WWE has a working relationship with some of the stronger independent promotions there and WWE can pay them a pittance (20,000 Pounds - however much that is in American money) to wrestle. Its easy content to produce and good exclusive stuff for the Network.

They're probably going to do a Japan tournament and a Mexico tournament soon.

What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

4:02 AM - Jan 16, 2017 #6

I've never watched 205 or NXT

I'm sure I'm in the minority

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

9:38 PM - Jan 17, 2017 #7

Haven't watched the "UK Tournament", but the story about "Let's Go Jesus | Jesus SUCKS" is pretty funny. I know, I know, chanting is an annoyance, but I'll give 'em a pass on this one.

Infinite Devil Machine
dWb Superstar

11:20 PM - Jan 17, 2017 #8

Erick Von Erich,Jan 17 2017 wrote: Haven't watched the "UK Tournament", but the story about "Let's Go Jesus | Jesus SUCKS" is pretty funny. I know, I know, chanting is an annoyance, but I'll give 'em a pass on this one.
Is that "Jesus" like our Lord and Savior Jesus or Carlito's bodyguard Jesus?

Because I'm confused if its the first one.
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

3:33 PM - Jan 18, 2017 #9

Like the "Jesus" you may remember from shows like "The Bible" or "The Walking Dead".

It was for the wrestler Saxon Huxley

HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar
HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar

3:55 PM - Jan 19, 2017 #10

Per report from PWInsider...

''Veteran WWE commentator Michael Cole has shown great interest in transitioning into a backstage role, subsequently ending his long run as the leading commentator of the WWE.

The reports state that Cole is more inclined towards the backstage duties he’s been given, that include some production work and the grooming of fresh announcing talents such as Nigel McGuinness and the rest.''

If true, I say move Mauro to Raw and just have a 2 man team again. Enough of this 3 man/4 man announce team BS.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN