Becky Lynch (c) vs. TBD

NXT Women's Championship:
Kairi Sane (c) vs. TBD

NXT U.K. Women's Championship:
TBD vs. TBD

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

4:25 AM - Sep 29, 2018 #2

I don't have much hope for this. I don't want to see Lita or Trish or the Bellas wrestle in 2018, and its not like we're getting scenarios where outstanding workers are matched up. It's WWE's attempt at being Shimmer, minus the utilizing the roster to it's fullest potential.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

12:03 PM - Sep 29, 2018 #3

Agreed. Lita and Trish, if we're being honest, were typically **1/2 workers on their better days. Now, an argument can be made that was due to how their division was booked in their time, but the audience expects more from women's matches now and putting them in these big spots when they're rusty and way past their prime is risky, especially when one of them is matched up with someone like Alexa Bliss who is often only as good as her opponent. 

The NXT Women's title match, NXT U.K. title, and Mae Young Finals would all be very good if they were happening in front of an NXT crowd or Full Sail audience, but could die depending on the sort of crowd that turns up for Evolution (WWE main roster fans). 

Right now it looks like we're counting on Ronda or Becky to have the match of the night.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

7:56 PM - Sep 29, 2018 #4

I'm a little surprised that they're having the NXT:UK Women's title, already. I figured Toni Storm would win the the Mae Young tourney, to create some buzz for the new division. Then, she'd eventually win the UK title to give it some legitimacy.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

9:52 PM - Sep 29, 2018 #5

Well, that is according to Wikipedia anyway, so there's a chance I jumped the gun on that one.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

10:00 PM - Sep 29, 2018 #6

I can only imagine Trish vs. Bliss will start with a "this is awesome" chant. Same fans who sat on their hands (or with one hand down their pants) for almost every Trish match ever from 2000 through 2006. The hypocrisy isn't just on WWE, but fans who suddenly play along with their bullshit, too. 

Sorry, but the current product has me really worn out. 

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

12:04 AM - Sep 30, 2018 #7

The current product wore me out too, I quit watching Raw 3 years ago this month and I've never been happier. 

I hope this show is a success, I really do, but the way WWE and Steph are patting themselves on the back for bestowing this on us is really hard to stomach. 

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

4:48 PM - Oct 16, 2018 #8

Last night WWE announced the inevitable "battle royal to get everyone on the show" for Evolution. The list of talent includes Asuka, Nia Jax, Carmella, Ember Moon, and then everyone you wouldn't have expected to get a match anyways. A bunch of the talent responded to the announcement by posting gifs on Twitter of them looking unimpressed or distraught. Personally, I love this open act of rebellion by a significant portion of the talent that might have seemed unthinkable a few years ago. Having said that, some of the Twitter complainers were never going to be a in a prominent role on this show anyway, so they may have been better off keeping their tweets shut (looking at you, Lana). 

I was maintaining a good level of optimism about this show, but I'm throwing in the towel. It's being presented in a patronizing fashion and the key women responsible for making this "revolution" happen in the first place are being marginalized. Frankly, it was more revolutionary when Sasha and Charlotte had a normal PPV main event or that the Women's Royal Rumble not only closed the show, but completely deserved to close the show.

Updated card:
evolution2.jpg
Raw Women's Championship: (and presumed main event)
Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Nikki Bella

SDL! Women's Championship:
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte Flair

NXT Women's Championship:
Kairi Sane (c) vs. Shayna Baszler

NXT U.K. Women's Championship:
(Spoiler, I'm not sure this aired) (c) vs. TBD

2018 Mae Young Classic Finals

Trish Stratus and Lita vs. Alexa Bliss and Mickie James (good call making this a tag match).

Battle Royal for future championship opportunity:
Featuring: Alicia Fox, Asuka, Billie Kay, Carmella, Dana Brooke, Ember Moon, Lana, Mandy Rose, Naomi, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Sonya Deville, Tamina, and Torrie Wilson.