dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 4:50 am #41

Was way off with my picks.

Infinite Devil Machine
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 7:09 am #42

I never made any official picks, but damn... I would've been off on almost all the important ones if I'd put them down in black and white.

What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 7:52 am #43

I did say styles while most thought Nak. And I really wanted Charlotte as I think Asuka is way overrated. Just didn't think they'd end the streak that quickly on the main roster. I'm stunned Brock won.

Reigns would've been my top pick if going in order of most likely to least . Rousey/Angle second with bludgeon brothers third.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 7:54 am #44

So the 10 year old that won the tag titles with Braun wasn't a make a wish kid. It was referee john cone's son. Makes me want to puke. Buries the tag division. Yes it's Braun. But the Bar are actually a great team. If it was a make a wish kid, then sure why not. I'm not a dad, but I'd think it would've been good in that regard

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 3:48 pm #45

Ended up watching a good portion of it, live. Some Random Crappy Thoughts:

-My over/under on the phrase "WrestleMania Moment" was 80. No idea what the final count was, but it was high.

-Liked Cena's in-crowd promo during the kickoff. The interviewer kinda' lingered and didn't pick up on the fact that Cena was finished talking. Cena had to drop an obvious hint that he was done. "Point the camera that way!"

-Why a special intro for Bayley in the Women's BR if no inflatable arm-waving guys? The ring announcer also missed Bayley's intro. I mean, aren't they supposed to say "It's Bayley"? Michael Palin is sad.

-During the Women's BR... since Peyton Royce was there, I thought for sure that was Billie Kay in the orange. Just figured it was a new outfit. The announcers didn't mention it was Kavita Devi and I didn't know it was until I skimmed through Scrooge's Recap (which is coming, within the hour).

-"You don't wear orange! That's MY color"! was absolutely ridiculous. In my mind, I heard Bobby Heenan making a joke about women fighting over fashion at Bloomingdale's.

-Mustafa Ali's new attire? I'm sure countless people have made this joke, but my thought was: "Oh shit, it's Glacier".

-If you watch weekly, I'm sure Elias gets annoying. But considering the last time I, personally, saw him was the Royal Rumble, I loved his troll antics. Sounded like he was playing the Animals' "House of the Rising Sun", which was a fun touch.

-Cena/Taker felt like it was there as a "make-up match" from last year. Taker looked like a monster and that was the send-off he was probably hoping for. Just makes last year's post-match stuff worthless, though. It was well-received, then, so this is like a shitty ret-con attempt at selective history.

-I was watching on my iPad, so I didn't catch that New Day's giant pancakes graphics were digital creations, until they were yanked off the screen. Yet Undertaker's lightning bolts looked especially cheesy.

-Jax/Bliss went way too long. Crowd would've died, save for the match-ending Samoan Drop. The whole thing about "body-shaming" and bringing it up, constantly...well, isn't that the same as saying it, in the first place? Whatever.

-I'm guessing Strowman will have a new fan from the crowd--EERRRRRR-- "a member of the WWE Universe"-- every night, for awhile. It's the modern-day version of JYD's post-match dance with kids, I suppose. Strowman's dangerously close to ending up as a comedy act. As much as "Rusev Day" is over, it's mostly humor. I could see Strowman doing something like that within six months.

-Really surprised at the ending to Lesnar/Reigns. But hey, that'll spike ratings for RAW, tonight, right? Sheesh.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 5:34 pm #46

As far as in-ring quality goes, this was one of the better shows in recent Mania Memory, but some of the booking decisions were questionable, especially late in the show when the crowd was starting to drift.

I jokingly told my fiancé that there'd be a pre-match attack on Bryan to milk things, and sure enough, they did it and it DRAGGED. Shane somehow doing coast-to-coast in his condition deserves credit, but he shouldn't have been in the ring.

Seriously, what in the fuck was that Main Event? The crowd didn't care, and the F5, F5, F5, F5... yeah, it was like playing those WWF games on PS1 where doing the same thing turned the crowd against you.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 6:02 pm #47

There was a little too much McMahon Superiority on display in both Shane and Stephanie's matches. They've been building Rousey as this bad tushy-kicker...so when she finally gets Stephanie one-on-one, Stephanie takes 3 or 4 of Rousey's high-impact moves and immediately gets back up. Then she fights off all of Rousey's submission holds.

Also, does Kurt Angle have a history of knee, hip or leg issues? Noticed, early on, that his knees were always bent and he couldn't seem to stand up straight.

That said, it was almost the Steamboat/Savage of Mixed Tag matches.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 7:56 pm #48

Oh, and during Cena/Undertaker: Taker was charging with a clothesline and it looked like Cena ducked and bent back WAY too early. Really comical as Taker's blow missed by at least a foot.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 8:52 pm #49

One of Angle's knees was taped up pretty good, but not as noticeably as Survivor Series where he looked like a Mummy. He did seem to move awkwardly, but he was usually in a position that didn't require tons of cross-the-ring movement.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

April 9th, 2018, 9:14 pm #50

Even with the heel turn, my interest for Nakamura has left the station. I'm not blaming a tired crowd for last night's match under-delivering, but that's been the story of his entire tenure on the roster. At no point whatsoever did I feel like this dream match was worth the hype, and was left going "wow, I liked the match with Rousey and Stephanie more."