Moderator: The Swigg Lebowski

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

July 12th, 2011, 6:01 pm #11

David Young had the worst speaking voice for a wrestler, unless he were casted in a hillbilly or redneck gimmick. He had no intimidation behind them whenever he got a chance to cut one.

Edit: And yes, the David Young one is another I forgot and originally shook my head about. It's not even like he was winning matches all the time, to begin with.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

July 12th, 2011, 7:32 pm #12

I watched it at a friends house. It was actually decent. I'd rather spend my money on ROH or Dragons Gate PPV, though
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

July 13th, 2011, 3:43 am #13

Scrooge McSuck,Jul 11 2011 wrote: Has Joe really fallen that out of favor he's jobbing to Kazarian? I'll give them credit for focusing most, if not the entire card with their guys who fans have established in their minds as D-Division wrestlers.
Kazarian I think is a very good wrestler for the X-Division. He is probably the biggest of the true X-Division wrestlers (I don't count Abyss or Samoa Joe as X-Division, I realize it is no limits, but they are both over 300 lbs), but he is still fast enough for it

Has some very good and innovate moves. Very good look to him. He is not great on the mic, but not awful either

Samoa Joe I realize should be higher up on the card than he is. But for those surprised he jobbed to Kazarian, you must not have been following TNA closely for the past year because Kazarian has been pushed more than Samoa Joe.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

July 13th, 2011, 3:49 am #14

I don't think I've seen Samoa Joe win a single match since I started DVRing Impact a couple of months ago. I've seen him lose to Crimson, Rob Van Dam, and Brother Devon, to name a few. Apparently, his name is Mud around there.

At least he's in better shape now than he was the last time I paid attention. He could be Joe the killer again, but it seems that his lack of being a broken down star from the 90's is really hurting him.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

July 15th, 2011, 10:37 pm #15

Didn't see Impact last night because my DVR decided not to record it

But reading the results, Samoa Joe lost again last night, taking the pin in a 3 way match (robert Roode was the winner and D'Angelo Dinero was the other wrestler)

So the losing streak continues

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 1st, 2011, 5:20 pm #16

It's funny, the last time I gave a genuine shit about TNA was around the time Joe was the World champion. From Lockdown 2008 up until a few months after Bound for Glory, I was rooting them on again. 2008 was full of Russo stupidity, but there was enough good stuff (the Gail Kim/Awesome Kong feud, for example) that I wanted them to succeed.

I've heard that TNA's buyrates over the last year or so average to around 8,000 buys per PPV. That's pretty dismal. That's the best they can do with a roster consisting of overpaid has-beens from wrestling's last hot period. I've read that Lockdown 2008 did something in the 40,000 - 50,000 buys for the big Joe/Angle title showdown. It's amazing what building up your own stars will do.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

August 1st, 2011, 7:05 pm #17

For the longest time, I figured TNA never released their buyrate numbers. If 8,000 buys is what they're doing now, I would consider keeping that number under wraps.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 2nd, 2011, 4:02 am #18

Scrooge McSuck,Aug 1 2011 wrote: For the longest time, I figured TNA never released their buyrate numbers. If 8,000 buys is what they're doing now, I would consider keeping that number under wraps.
From listening to PWTorch, Slammiversary reportedly did around 8,500 buys and Destination X did around 8,000. I'd also read somewhere (maybe even in a discussion here) that shows last year were doing numbers in that ballpark.

I will also go out on a limb and guess that there's far more people watching TNA pay-per-views for free on streaming sites than those who paid for it.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

August 2nd, 2011, 5:57 pm #19

Definitely. I've caught a few PPV's online in the past. Last PPV I actually paid for was UInforgiven 2004. No joke.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 2nd, 2011, 6:25 pm #20

Scrooge McSuck,Aug 2 2011 wrote: Definitely. I've caught a few PPV's online in the past. Last PPV I actually paid for was UInforgiven 2004. No joke.
The last show I paid for was Wrestlemania 27. The last one before that was... um... I don't remember. Maybe Summerslam 2005. I've never ordered a TNA PPV, but I've never pirated one either.