Moderator: Scrooge McSuck

The Walking Dead on AMC

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

October 22nd, 2010, 10:22 pm #1

The wife and I are hyped for the debut on October 31st. My wife hates zombie stuff with a passion and she's really into the comics and is excited for the show.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

October 24th, 2010, 6:56 pm #2

I attended an interesting Walking Dead panel at NYCC and they showed a lot of exclusive footage. It's going to be awesome.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

November 2nd, 2010, 12:14 am #3

I should've put AMC. Anyways, the show was fucking awesome.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

November 2nd, 2010, 2:03 pm #4

Mad Dog,Nov 1 2010 wrote: I should've put AMC.
You DID!

I have no knowledge of "Walking Dead", other than it was a comic book and people in my nerd circles have raved about it. The shows are being archived on Comcast's On Demand, so I may have to check it out...soon as I get caught up with Sons of Anarchy.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

November 2nd, 2010, 3:36 pm #5

I've read the first TPB of the series and it was gripping. I missed the first episode due to walking in a Halloween parade as Dr. Zoidberg, but I'll catch up sooner than later.

SpaceOdyssey
Friend of Pete Doherty
SpaceOdyssey
Friend of Pete Doherty

January 28th, 2011, 8:40 pm #6

This show was epic! Really looking forward to the next season, did they ever explain what happened to the redneck fellow who sawed off his hand? I was expecting him to turn up at some point to get revenge on Andrew Lincolns character but it never happened (unless it did and I missed that one )

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

October 17th, 2012, 5:38 pm #7

Yup... two years later and I FINALLY fulfilled my prophecy by watching this series. I have two episodes left to go to finish off Season 2 and then I should be caught up for the fresh Season 3 stuff. All hail Netflix Instant Streaming for the assist.

-It took awhile for me to get into it, but it's one of my favorites, now. I don't care for the zombie genre, so I like how this show is about 15% fighting zombies and 85% drama about survival and character interaction.

-They've worked in some incredibly disgusting stuff to get horror fans giddy. Main example, for me, was when they pulled the aqua-zombie out of the well. Damn, that was gratuitously gross.

-I'm guessing Merle comes back at some point (aside from Darrell's fever dream). I'm also expecting a return from the father and son team that helped Rick in the first two episodes.

-I saw a promo card for Season 3 that read: "Fight the Dead. Fear the Living", so I'm guessing the Douchebags from Philly will become larger antagonists. Or else a whole new bunch of living assholes arrives. Right on cue, as right before the Philly guys popped up, I began thinking: "where's everybody else?"

-Something has to happen with "T-Dog", right? Since he sliced his arm, he's been nothing but a background character. Even "Ugly Abused Wife" has had more character development than T-Dog.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

October 21st, 2012, 5:26 pm #8

I like to go online and read some of the Wiki-ish junk and see the fan theories and questions. The flippin' helicopter has me intrigued.

I find it funny that most of the fan forums are full of replies that fall into one of two categories. It's either: "this was different in the comic/in the comic it's _____ that does ____. You should read the comics".

The other, that really cracks me up, is: "I would survive a zombie apocalypse by doing ______". Then most are fanboys saying: "I would be like Darrell". Riiiiight.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

October 21st, 2012, 10:45 pm #9

I don't know why people still respond with it's different than the comic. Straight up, they've killed off at least one character that is still alive and well in the comic at issue 103. So yes, it's very different, now we can move on.

My theory is the helicopter belongs to the crew of the Governor.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

October 22nd, 2012, 12:05 am #10

What I loved about the helicopter is that I had completely forgotten about it throughout the course of almost 2 full seasons.

I've never read the comics and never will. This will in no way heighten or lessen my enjoyment of the show...and that's perfectly OKAY. I friends who have gotten incredibly frustrated with me over this.