l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

-Funny, that in the last three episodes they covered more ground than in the stupid "sickness" plot (5 episodes).

-This was the big battle everyone was expecting for last season's finale. Same applies to Hershel's death. Sad to see him go, but if someone's death is worked in well and given meaning, it's effective and makes for a fine story. Good death: Hershel. Bad death: T-Dogg

-Good contrast with Tyrese's little dead mouse problem and the battle. "This can't wait!"

-After he killed Hershel, I was screaming for the Governor's head. When he was hacking up Hershel... what a bastard! Glad they killed him off in this episode and didn't leave him hanging around again.

-Once again, they showed how the Governor's methods can be appealing and enticing. You could almost empathize with the poor schmucks at the camp whom he conned into following him.

-Loved how Rick was trying to reason with the Gov's crowd and the Gov was all: "errr....I have a TANK! Suck my balls!"

-Yes, comic fanboys, you got the fuckin' tank you've been pining for. Now be quiet. Maybe next you can get EUGENE or some other element from the Sacred Scrolls of the Comics?!

-I've seen enough old WWII movies and read enough Sgt. Rock comics to know that a tank can be trumped with one or two commandos getting close to it. For once, I had the Darrell-boner that other fans have been getting. He was awesome in the battle. Then topped it off by offing Mitch the Asshole. Definitely felt the Darrel love, tonight. Prison Battle MVP!

-I was also rooting for Megan to die. HATED that kid. Her iron fist reign ended.

-Bad Acting Lady returned (again) as one of the walkers who entered the prison at the end. Whatever. She must have friends on the production crew or something.

-So I'm guessing next season will have them all scattered and will deal with "getting the band back together". It'll probably end with them arriving at whatever new locale was in the comics, post-prison.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

December 6th, 2013, 12:52 pm #72

POTENTIAL SPOILERS:

I heard somewhere (I think either Talking Dead, or Nerdist, or some podcst) that they have indeed already cast actors for Abraham, Rosita, and DR. EUGENE! I'm guessing the second half of the season is getting the band together and meeting up with that trio. I doubt they make it to the next permanent home this season, but who knows what they'll cut out or add.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

December 24th, 2013, 5:56 pm #73

Robert Kirkman went on the record saying that the (minor spoiler) villiain from the comics, Negan, will NOT be appearing in season 4, but they've started laying the groundwork to introduce him later on. I took that to mean that the camp the Governor and company neglected to sack but later found obliterated is supposed to foreshadow the Saviors. That would mean that Grimes and crew will be sticking around Georgia and not heading North.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

February 20th, 2014, 7:56 pm #74

Hey, it's back for Season, umm, 4.5 and the episode "After".

As we expected, they're "getting the band back together". But this episode took some time to spotlight Carl. He's going through the typical "rebellious youth stage" and thought he didn't need his dad. They needed to get this snottiness out of Carl so it's at least not a recurring subplot.

Rebellious Youth Stage is much more different in the Zombie Apocalypse, though. I smirked at the contrast of Carl finding a boy's room, full of video games and stuff. Yet instead of those frivolous things, he cannibalized the video game console for its helpful cord. I thought Carl was annoying in the first three seasons, but I've grown to like him as the Robin to Rick's Batman. Hope they've resolved their issues and they can operate as a team, going forward.

It's also a little odd how you can sit in a suburban house and basically be okay. In retrospect, the most tranquil post-Apocalypse setting Rick had was in the early episodes with Morgan and Duane. Same for the Gov's broads and the two ding-dongs Rick and Carol met, earlier. The biggest problems have occurred whenever anybody's tried to establish a group. Live in an abandoned house and board up the windows-- fine. When you go out and try to mingle with other survivors-- problems.

Michone's flashback dream was great. She seemed like a female Darrell at first, all full of piss n' vinegar, but she's another character that's grown on me. With the cast thinned out a bit, I hope we get more of her.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

February 20th, 2014, 9:12 pm #75

I enjoyed that episode, but still made fun of it while watching with the wife. In my best impression of the AMC voice-over guy, I said "This week, on AMC's The Walking Dead: Michonne goes for a walk, Carl eats some pudding, and Rick takes a nap."

In all reality, I appreciate the episodes that slow things down for some quality character development.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

February 20th, 2014, 9:18 pm #76

SamoaRowe,Feb 20 2014 wrote: "This week, on AMC's The Walking Dead: Michonne goes for a walk, Carl eats some pudding, and Rick takes a nap." .
Highest rated episode EVER. I'm a bit disappointed in the demise of the Governor, so I'm feeling even more confident in my "should've just axed him to end Season 3" theories.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

February 20th, 2014, 9:22 pm #77

Scrooge McSuck,Feb 20 2014 wrote:
SamoaRowe,Feb 20 2014 wrote: "This week, on AMC's The Walking Dead: Michonne goes for a walk, Carl eats some pudding, and Rick takes a nap." .
Highest rated episode EVER. I'm a bit disappointed in the demise of the Governor, so I'm feeling even more confident in my "should've just axed him to end Season 3" theories.
As a fan of the comic, I'm pretty happy with the Governor's Season 4 demise (it was similar to his fate in the book, but actually improved on it). My only disappointment with The Governor in general was the ill-advised relationship storyline with Andrea last season, as well as them toning him down (though I'm guessing AMC standards wouldn't let The Governor be the truly suck f*ck that he is in the comics).

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

February 20th, 2014, 9:32 pm #78

Oh, two other things I liked about "After"

-I got my Herschel Walker! Even though it was only a head for about 10 seconds.

-Off the top of my head, I think this was the only episode of the series that ended on a "happy note" with Michone arriving at Rick n' Carl's. Rick even cracked a joke.

JimBob Skeeter
dWb Superstar
JimBob Skeeter
dWb Superstar

March 24th, 2014, 7:34 pm #79

Tasha Yar! As for the pix, coincidence? I think not. What is Mary hiding.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

October 13th, 2014, 5:41 pm #80

Kinda' glad I bailed on the second-half of last season. Got caught-up on Netflix, last week and it played very well into the official start of "Season 5". I would've been pissed had I run into that season-ending cliffhanger.

-I completely missed the clues leading to Mary the Terminus Greeter (seen above). Cool little Easter eggs.

- I guess the Terminus element is over-and-done. Did Gareth get shot when The Cast was escaping? Ain't dead unless ya' see a body (and even then it'd better be chopped up).

- I couldn't hear the audio, clearly, at the final "THEN" scene. The one where they showed the Terminus people being held captive by some rapists a-holes. What did Gareth say? I got that the gist was that the Terminus crew overcame a different kind of evil before they began theirs.

- Tyrese finally got a bad-ass moment, as he single-handedly offed a mini-herd of walkers, then saved Judith from Asshole with the Tigers Hat (or was it even a Tigers hat? Didn't seem natural for a southern jackwagon to have a Detroit hat). Tyrese had become something of a wussie last season, so it was cool to have him let loose.

-Ditto for Carol. She seemed like a worthless character and I didn't even know her name until the prison season. I called her "worthless abused housewife" and kept expecting her to die. They've really done a lot with her character and she's a key element, now.

- It took a major plot element for Rosita to finally get rid of her stupid hoop earrings. Despite what the producers may think, she actually seems hotter with long pants.

- Chuck Norris and Louis Gosset, Jr would be proud. We got a "Firewalker" this episode (and a few last season).

- Eugene is pretty fun. He has some of Kenny Powers' secondary characteristics. Not Kenny's prime ones, like cursing and being an ass, but the ones believing he's a warrior of his own dojo and a has a mind like a rocket scientist ("I have been through many trials and tribulations, both real and virtual" or "Everything will be addressed in a well-formed FAQ"). My guess is that he's completely full of crap and believes some conspiracy theory he read on an Internets Message Board, pre-Walkerlypse.

-There's a cool "post-credits scene", so be sure to watch the entire feed. It comes after the copyrights and everything.

-I am not kidding around ,so PLEASE do not say: "in the comics..." or "if you've read the comics, you know what will happen..." There will be consequences.