Moderator: Scrooge McSuck

The San Diego Nerd/Pop Culture Con

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

July 21st, 2013, 1:37 pm #1

Just adding some highlights from SDCC coverage:

Godzilla looks like his old self, not like he did in the other crappy Godzilla movies they've made recently. He looks to be taking on several Kaiju in the movie

The sequel to Man of Steel is going to be a Superman/Batman movie. I don't see this working out well, myself. David Goyer and Zakk Snyder are working on the script. (*fart*)

The Marvel movie panel showed footage from Thor: The Dark World and had a live appearance from Loki himself, in character! The Cap panel talked about the 70's political thriller vibe of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the fact that Cap and Black Widow basically share the movie. They brought everyone from London for a panel on Guardians of the Galaxy and showed a brief clip. Batista was there, of course. Then the big reveal by Joss himself: Avengers: Age of Ultron. That's right, the second Avengers is Age of Ultron
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

July 22nd, 2013, 4:45 pm #2

Here's the Walking Dead Season 4 teaser:

If you want to make this a more authentic San Diego Comic Con experience, just add annoying fanboys hollering "woooooooo" or "yeah-eahhhh!" every 23 seconds.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

July 22nd, 2013, 6:48 pm #3

Joss Whedon clarifies that "Age of Ultron" is not tied to the recent mini-series of the same name, and that Hank Pym will not be in it:

Joss Whedon talks Age of Ultron

"Whattabout Thanos, then"? My take is that we'll get Thanos eventually. Think of him as the opposite of Nick Fury in the first "Iron Man". I could see them teasing Thanos at the end of two more movies before he jumps into the spotlight.