Moderator: dynamite kido

The OAO Ring of Honor thread.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 4:10 am #1

Most ROH topics seemingly die out after a few responses, so I figured why not. That, and I wanted to mention that Homicide won the ROH World Championship last night from Danielson.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 4:28 am #2

Too late I think. I would've cared more for a Homicide reign about a year ago.

dynamite kido
dWb Superstar
dynamite kido
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 4:43 am #3

The sad thing is the only reason Homicide won the title from him is because Danielson needs time off due to injury.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 4:50 am #4

They really lack good main eventers now that they won't put the title on most TNA talent. I would've put the belt on Christopher Daniels if I were them. Nothing against Homicide but they haven't done a damned thing to make anyone care about him in a long time.

dynamite kido
dWb Superstar
dynamite kido
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 6:21 am #5

Mad Dog,Dec 24 2006 wrote: They really lack good main eventers now that they won't put the title on most TNA talent. I would've put the belt on Christopher Daniels if I were them. Nothing against Homicide but they haven't done a damned thing to make anyone care about him in a long time.
Fuck that. Daniels shouldn't be holding anyone's major title at this point.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 1:02 pm #6

I don't know who else you can give it to honestly. Nigel McGuinness maybe? I know most RoH fans would be pro Jimmy Rave but I don't think he's the kind of guy you put the promotion on. I don't know if Roderick Strong is the right guy for a big time indy promotion either.

Actually Brent Albright would be the perfect champion for them. Good all around worker and has name value.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 4:31 pm #7

I disagree that no one has cared about Homicide in a long time. His feud with Colt Cabana early in the year was red hot, he was a central part of the ROH/CZW storyline (go back and listen to the pop he got in the Cage of Death match), and this title shot against Danielson was built up over many months. I'd say he's worthy to be the ROH champ, though it's sad to see Danielson's awesome reign come to an end.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 4:38 pm #8

I think the problem with Homicide is that TNA's booking of him has actually hurt him in other companies.
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

December 25th, 2006, 5:51 pm #9

That is true as well. His LAX stuff has been so great that it's hard to get into him doing anything not with that group. Plus I think him being half of the NWA World Tag Team Champions is a bigger deal than him being the RoH Champion these days.

whitemilesdavis
dWb Superstar

December 26th, 2006, 3:57 am #10

Nigel or Albright would've been the better choices. ROH is now starting to run into the problems ECW had during the Monday night wars. Now, the perception is that a TNA talent is holding the ROH title. Danielson was the perfect guy for them right now, as he's seen as a world class wrestler, but also is fairly exclusive to ROH as far as North America goes. ROH has to get better at building talent quickly that doesn't look second rate, if the promotion is to continue operating with the same success it has had in the past.