Moderator: dynamite kido

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

April 17th, 2008, 11:06 am #901

They need to do something. The fans all seem collectively annoyed that they regained the tag titles (at first everyone was ready for a great reign by AOTF, until it was hotshotted to Richards and Romero). I heard that Davey Richards had heat for forgetting his tag belt in Boston, which caused a mess of having officials backtrack and hunt it down, so this was probably more so of a punishment title switch than Gabe really being in a rush to crown the Briscoes again.

Having said that, I don't expect this reign will last long at all.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

April 20th, 2008, 3:27 pm #902

wrote:Half of the ROH World Tag Team Champions Mark Briscoe was seriously injured last Saturday night in Chicago by The Age Of The Fall. Briscoe will need surgery and is expected to miss a significant amount of time. The status of the ROH World Tag Team Titles is currently being determined by ROH officials.

Jimmy Jacobs stabbed Mark in the wrist at the Chicago event, resulting in a deep laceration. We will have an update early this week in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire on Mark's condition and the status of the ROH World Tag Team Titles.

Credit: ROHwrestling.com

KSSassy
dWb Superstar
KSSassy
dWb Superstar

April 20th, 2008, 3:34 pm #903

SamoaRowe,Apr 20 2008 wrote:
wrote:Half of the ROH World Tag Team Champions Mark Briscoe was seriously injured last Saturday night in Chicago by The Age Of The Fall. Briscoe will need surgery and is expected to miss a significant amount of time. The status of the ROH World Tag Team Titles is currently being determined by ROH officials.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Jimmy Jacobs stabbed Mark in the wrist at the Chicago event, resulting in a deep laceration. We will have an update early this week in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire on Mark's condition and the status of the ROH World Tag Team Titles.

Jimmy  Jacobs has officially made it to Number One on my hit list. :angry:

Credit: ROHwrestling.com

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

April 20th, 2008, 4:50 pm #904

Well, I didn't want the Briscoes holding the tag titles at this point, but this isn't how I wanted it to end either. Maybe this will lead to a tag tournament, which would make for a good show.

And that's weird that this happened due to Jacobs "stabbing" Mark. That's a new one.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

April 20th, 2008, 5:19 pm #905

That's a weird press release. Almost sounds like some worked shoot bullshit with the way they worded it.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

April 20th, 2008, 9:33 pm #906

Yeah, I thought that for a second too. Of course, a ROH press release is basically "We're going to post this on our website, you're welcome to copy and paste it as you wish."

I guess if it is, we'll find out soon enough.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

April 20th, 2008, 11:13 pm #907

Mad Dog,Apr 20 2008 wrote: That's a weird press release. Almost sounds like some worked shoot bullshit with the way they worded it.
Okay, according to the people at the ROH board (so take it as you will)...

Mark hurt his wrist on his last NOAH tour. He hurt it a bit more at the Double Feature weekend in Dover.

He's been working through the pain, so it looks as though this might just be the angle to give him the time off he needs. It doesn't explain why the Briscoes would get the titles back, but perhaps that was just on purpose to force a title vacancy as part of booking plans. Who knows.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

April 21st, 2008, 5:49 pm #908

wrote:- The main event for the 5/10 Hammerstein Ballroom NYC show will be announced this week. Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli is a possibility.

- ROH and Mark Briscoe were originally hoping that he could have his wrist surgery after the 5/10 show, but he will now have to have it before. Jay Briscoe will face Jimmy Jacobs on 5/9 at ROH's Manassas, VA show and Briscoe vs. AOTF in some form, possibly with Austin Aries involved, is likely for the 5/10 show as well.

- The next semester for ROH's training academy will start in May with Delirious working as head trainer.

Credit: PWInsider.com

KSSassy
dWb Superstar
KSSassy
dWb Superstar

April 21st, 2008, 6:05 pm #909

SamoaRowe,Apr 21 2008 wrote:
wrote:- The main event for the 5/10 Hammerstein Ballroom NYC show will be announced this week. Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli is a possibility.

- ROH and Mark Briscoe were originally hoping that he could have his wrist surgery after the 5/10 show, but he will now have to have it before. Jay Briscoe will face Jimmy Jacobs on 5/9 at ROH's Manassas, VA show and Briscoe vs. AOTF in some form, possibly with Austin Aries involved, is likely for the 5/10 show as well.

- The next semester for ROH's training academy will start in May with Delirious working as head trainer.

Credit: PWInsider.com
That's the same thing I read about Mark Briscoe. I understand that Jay will be in singles action until Mark is able to return to the ring.

I was hoping that Mark was just going to be taking some time off. I don't like for anyone to sustain an injury like that.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

April 22nd, 2008, 9:00 pm #910

wrote:There was a lot of debate in the ROH offices today about what to do with the ROH World Tag Team Titles. Jay & Mark Briscoe won the belts for the 5th time on 4/12 in Edison, NJ. However, Mark was viciously attacked last Saturday in Chicago Ridge, IL by The Age Of The Fall. The attack saw Jimmy Jacobs stab Mark in the wrist, causing severe ligament damage. Mark will undergo surgery this Friday and will be out of action for 3-6 months.

ROH officials decided that it was unfair to strip Jay Briscoe of the titles. After exploring several different possibilities, it has been decided that Jay will be able to pick a replacement partner and continue to defend the belts.

The next ROH World Tag Team Title Match will take place on 5/10 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan, NY when Jay Briscoe and a partner defend against The Age Of The Fall team of Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black.

Jay said he wanted a couple of days to think about a partner. We will report Jay's choice here when he makes his decision. His partner will be someone already on the ROH roster.

This figures to be the most emotional ROH World Tag Team Title defense of Jay's career. He said he is fighting for his brother on May 10th in New York City. Tickets are now 33% off at ROHwrestling.com.