Moderator: The Swigg Lebowski

The Impact Wrestling Rebrand...

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

May 22nd, 2011, 5:02 pm #1

It's been around a week since TNA announced that Impact will now be Impact Wrestling on Spike. They've actually done a very good job of creating a new color scheme and visual identity for their show. Instead of the red, black, and yellow it's now blue and white. What do you guys think about this turnover? Is the visual identity an interesting one to you? Is it a step up? A step down?

Part of the rebrand includes the tagline "Wrestling Matters." Obviously, there are a lot of jokes to be made about this, but has it at least piqued some curiosity in Impact Wrestling? Tuning in and seeing Bischoff first thing probably isn't the best idea, but would you be willing to give TNA another opportunity because of this?

I know I personally would like to see them use TNA Wrestling as the "Corporate" name, and switch the company to Impact Wrestling, very similar to how WWF used to be owned by "Titan Sports." What would you like to see happen in the rebrand?
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

May 22nd, 2011, 8:42 pm #2

The rebranding of the show to Impact Wrestling and the new set, colors is a terrific idea. I like the thought that this could be a precursor to the company as a whole changing it's name to Impact Wrestling. I think "IW" would sound better than "TNA" by a considerable degree. I also really like the new set and graphics, it's much easier on the eyes and looks more professional.

Having said all that, the first show of the "Wrestling Matters" era was complete horseshit. I don't know what was worse, a member of Generation Me laying down for Bischoff or the "swerve ending" that it was Mr. Anderson waltzing around dressed as Sting all night. I don't think things will get better for the company until they ditch Russo and look back at things that actually worked for them in the past.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

May 27th, 2011, 2:13 pm #3

I agree that it's MUCH easier on the eyes, and I'm sure it's better for advertising and business deals.

Bischoff has recently gone on record (thank you PWTorch) as saying that the show will be slowly growing and changing over the course of the summer. He did use a line of thinking which is becoming quite unbearable, which is: This is a business which the normal fans don't understand and things don't happen the way most people expect because they aren't in the business.

Now, I'm not in TV, but I do know that when a network goes out of the way to create a new identity for themselves or a property, they do ALL the changes at once. When Drew Carey took over on The Price is Right, they rebuilt sets for his debut, not for months later after he's settled in. Re-branding isn't just a new coat of paint, it's a new identity, which includes the product focus. The tagline is "Wrestling Matters" not "Wrestling WILL Matter"

Needless to say, I don't like Bischoff's take on the fans.
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

May 27th, 2011, 11:50 pm #4

I agree with him somewhat. There are tons of fans out there that are know it alls and would drive a company into the ground in a few weeks. I'd say 95% of the IWC would if given the chance.