Moderator: Mad Dog

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 19th, 2018, 4:44 pm #11

Mustache Mountan vs. Undisputed Era, and Ricochet vs. Adam Cole were both ****+ matches, and I'd say that the womens title also scratched the **** mark. I had to turn the show off due to my daughter waking up and in need of some Daniel Tiger, but I can safely say there's no way that Summerslam is going to match this particular Takeover. 

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

August 19th, 2018, 5:59 pm #12

I watched everything but Dream vs. Ec3 for time reasons.

****1/2 for the Tag
****1/2 for Cole/Ricochet
**** for Baszler/Sane
***** for Ciampa/Gargano

GOOD LUCK. Sasha Banks made a smart-ass quip on Twitter about it ("Top That" replied with "Easy") and everyone shat on her for not even being on the catd tonight.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 20th, 2018, 2:25 pm #13

Saw the whole thing, ahead of my schedule! My favorite was Ricochet/Cole, even though there seemed to be a miss or two on one of their early chain-wrestling sequences. Still, a great match and the ending was cool. Usually someone does a high-spot (the running 'rana to the floor) in the middle of the match and it results in a 2 count. Liked that Ricochet hit that spot, then followed up with his finisher to get the pin.

Loved Moustache Mountain/Undisputed Era. Yup, there were the War Raiders, as scheduled.

Ciampa/Gargano... man, just give them their own "Network Special", every 6 weeks and watch them kill each other. Not necessarily a knock, but I thought that the "mound of stuff" Ciampa threw on Gargano; including a ring tech; was almost laughable. Lot of clever ways to beat the 10-count, throughout the match. Liked that Gargano dropped the rage, for a bit towards the end, and briefly considered going the "good guy" route and reconciling with his former friend. 

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 20th, 2018, 2:51 pm #14

Gargano and Ciampa are having a soon to be legendary feud, which is pretty cool for this day and age. 

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 23rd, 2018, 7:19 am #15

Didn't watch it

Still have never watched a minute of NxT 

Whether it's the weekly show on the network. Or from the pre-Network era.

Or the PPV type takeover events

Same with 205 live. Only seen the matches they have had on raw or on the PPV. Never watched the weekly show 

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 23rd, 2018, 11:57 am #16

I really think you should give it a try. I had a coworker a couple of years ago who said he wasn't into NXT, but claimed that he watched it once and "it wasn't for me." I was a bit dumbfounded by that. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept that someone who enjoys WWE to begin with would not enjoy NXT. It's still WWE wrestling, but without the difficult show lengths, chaotic booking, and cringeworthy attempts at humor (designed to make Vince laugh). 

I have a hard time consistently watching 205 Live because it always feels like such a cold product with the half-empty post-Smackdown arena crowds they have to perform for.  

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 23rd, 2018, 5:01 pm #17

I'd recommend Takeover: Brooklyn IV to you, as well. If you have 3 hours to watch RAW, you can definitely work in 2+ to watch Takeover.

Sure, there is some Stuff Going On, but if you're a veteran wrestling fan, it will not hinder you. The feuds are usually quite simple. Even though Gargano/Ciampa dates back almost 2 years, the whole thing of "former best friends who hate each other" is really all you need to know.

Otherwise, commenting on a topic just to say: "I didn't watch it" is kinda' worthless.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 24th, 2018, 7:43 am #18

I look at NXT as the WWE minor leagues. Right or wrong that's how I feel. I don't watch the Yankees AAA team. I watch the majors

Sure I watch Impact and ROH. Those are entirely different albeit inferior teams. But still the majors

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 24th, 2018, 4:11 pm #19

It's absolutely the WWE's version of the minor leaguesl. In fact, I use that term to describe it to people. When I first caught it, in 2014, I thought it was worthless for the same reason. Plus, Mojo Rawley and Adam Rose were featured. I was also a little annoyed how it had a lot of Internets Buzz and people were raving about it. I think I started to get into it around the time Kevin Owens debuted (late 2014/early 2015). I was bummed when Owens left, since I loved his run as Assh*le Champ.

People have short shelf-lives in NXT, which stinks. As we've mentioned, a relatively small percentage actually make an impact on the main rosters. That will not hurt or render obsolete any time you've invested in watching NXT. So, just enjoy it for what it is. Although the constant roster swap-outs remind me a little of the old territories, or even ECW in the 90's.

As for stuff you don't watch: we've got a new thread for that!
what-movies-and-shows-have-you-not-watched-t5439.html

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 24th, 2018, 10:29 pm #20

I'd compare it more to how I can enjoy taking in a concert at an amphitheater or arena, while I get the same level, or more, satisfaction when I see a smaller time band at a night club or theater. It's not like there's a huge talent disparity between the main roster and NXT (main roster has some stiffs, NXT has had top-level indie and international guys on the roster). It's like saying Foo Fighters at Fenway is inherently better than Bad Religion at the House of Blues.