5:34 AM - Jul 28, 2014 #1

Spike TV has decided not to renew TNA's contract

It expires in October

TNA has been better recently. While I am shocked by this, guess I shouldn't be

Wonder where they go next

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

6:03 AM - Jul 28, 2014 #2

Will anyone step up and offer a decent timeslot to wrestling? Even WWE has a hard time with WGN (Superstars, 2009-2011) and ion (Main Event; 2012-14) recently by offering big promises, only to fail due to a lack of interest in making a must-see product and thus suffering in ratings. WWE's own short-comings might very well be the nail in the coffin for TNA.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

2:37 PM - Jul 28, 2014 #3

MTV will step in and make it "TNA: Sunday Night Lukewarm!" It would at least be as successful as Wrestling Society X, right?

A TV deal would be easiest, but if they still have the "TNA Vault" service, there might be some salvation with creating their own streaming app. An effective app would incur a LOT of development costs, up-front, and I don't think TNA could fork that over immediately.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

9:50 PM - Jul 28, 2014 #4

The belief is that this happened because Vince Russo was secretly working for TNA and Spike TV found out about it.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

11:34 PM - Jul 28, 2014 #5

I don't understand the god damn appeal of secretly keeping Vince fucking Russo employed when the network that has control of your faith tells you "we don't want him associated with your product any more."

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

4:57 AM - Jul 29, 2014 #6

Mad Dog,Jul 28 2014 wrote: The belief is that this happened because Vince Russo was secretly working for TNA and Spike TV found out about it.
Are you serious or making a joke? The Spike TV part I mean. I heard about Russo secretly working for them.

If Spike did not want Russo working for them, why the fuck would they keep him?

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

5:18 AM - Jul 29, 2014 #7

Seems now that both Dixie Carter and Viacom (they own Spike TV) have said they are still in negotiations. So it's not a done deal that they have to look for a new outlet.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

8:57 AM - Jul 29, 2014 #8

TNN and Paul Heyman said the same in 2000, but optimistically, I'd rather TNA stay around just so there's at least another option for people to work, if I find the product and management behind it directionless.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

4:29 PM - Jul 29, 2014 #9

TNA making long-needed improvements this summer was their last-ditch effort to stay alive, but it's all too little, too late. TNA is a dead brand and they deserve to go out of business. With any luck, Jarrett's new group (or hopefully something better) comes along and fills whatever void TNA leaves behind.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

6:07 PM - Jul 29, 2014 #10

torturedsoulv1,Jul 29 2014 wrote:
Mad Dog,Jul 28 2014 wrote: The belief is that this happened because Vince Russo was secretly working for TNA and Spike TV found out about it.
Are you serious or making a joke? The Spike TV part I mean. I heard about Russo secretly working for them.

If Spike did not want Russo working for them, why the fuck would they keep him?
Meltzer said it might be the reason they get cancelled but it is a factor.