Moderator: The Swigg Lebowski

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

August 27th, 2014, 8:58 pm #21

ECIII is probably too high priced for them if that's the case.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 27th, 2014, 9:11 pm #22

I think EC3 might be able to stay on, because I'm assuming they're pushing him so heavily because he's young and inexpensive.

I'd assume that with a move to Velocity, they'd be saying goodbye to Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, MVP, Bobby Roode, James Storm, and maybe even Eric Young and Bobby Lashley.

Either that, or no one is under contract anymore and work date to date like true free agents.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

August 27th, 2014, 9:18 pm #23

I always feel like I give the wrong impression when talking TNA, because I'm almost always negative... and the next paragraph is no different.

TNA needs to die. It needs to die because it's a money loser, and the people behind it, a.k.a Dixie Carter and the cash-flow from her families business(es), aren't looking out for the best interest of fans. She's a mark for herself and to hell with what the REAL fans want. Why keep a money loser around, cut all the known and respected talent (and the only "draws", if you can call them that), and still try to keep it alive?

Because you're a mark for yourself and this fantasy world where you're running a successful wrestling promotion. You're not. It's dead. It should've died years ago, but Hulk Hogan's name kept you relevant, as well as the stockpile of former Indy-darlings like A.J., Daniels, Samoa Joe, etc. etc. to keep the purist of fans around. They're almost all gone. There's nothing left. There's nothing to do but turn out the lights on the way out.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 27th, 2014, 9:23 pm #24

I know it's sad, but I agree completely. Even if they mustered out some decent tapings in NYC, it's not enough to make me want to see them stick around.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 28th, 2014, 6:41 am #25

SamoaRowe,Aug 27 2014 wrote: I know it's sad, but I agree completely. Even if they mustered out some decent tapings in NYC, it's not enough to make me want to see them stick around.
The NyC shows were much more than decent, they were awesome

I went to two of the six, the middle show of each set

But I agree more needs to be done for them to survive and eventually thrive.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 29th, 2014, 5:37 am #26

Me slapping five with Austin Aries made it to TV tonight.
I can die a happy man
I touched the hand of the greatest man who ever lived

Unlike one of last month's shows, had seats by where the wrestlers came out, so I was on TV a couple of times as was the friend I was with.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

August 29th, 2014, 12:51 pm #27

Nice, I DVRed it, so I'll keep a look out for you when I watch it.

I don't think I ever high-fived Austin Aries, but I remember him walking right past me in the lobby at an ROH show in 2007, and it was only then that I noticed how short he really is.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 29th, 2014, 8:17 pm #28

The guy right in front of us had an Aries t-shirt on. He was pointing at his shirt trying to get Aries
attention. It was funny to see on TV

Same guy got to say anderson during Mr. Anderson's schtick in a match against Magnus
Maybe that will be in TV next week unless they cut it.

Aries fought Sanada. I'm on TV during James Storm's part of the entrance.

The EY -Rude segment was also from the show I went to. I went on a beer run for that part

So was the Taryn Terrell - Madison Rayne match. They didn't show the entrances on TV, but I can be seen in the crowd, though it's not obvious like the other parts.

I know I sound like a dork especially as I will be 45 in a few months. But it's the first time I was that close to be on TV.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

September 4th, 2014, 7:12 am #29

I can be seen in the audience for every entrance of every match tonight

Best for me was I can be seen drinking beer before the main event

The show was good, but not as good as the one I went to the month before

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

November 19th, 2014, 7:33 pm #30

TNA announced today that they are moving Impact to Destination America, a small network owned by the Discovery Channel. I honestly have no idea if I get this channel or not, but let's be honest, I don't care. I watched a few Impacts from their NYC tapings, but that's it for all of 2014.