The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

July 6th, 2015, 5:16 pm #11

Erick Von Erich,Aug 12 2008 wrote: I might be interested in some Flash comics. GI Joe? Bah, you fool!! I have everything they've ever produced! Well..aside from the Transformer crossovers and the spin-off dogcrap issues put out since 2001.
Let me tell, you, man. I've got G.I. Joe spin off dogcrap out the wazoo at my comic shop. Transformers as well.
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 14th, 2015, 10:17 pm #12

Digging this up, as I have some numbers and facts.

1- Started selling comics, online, in 2007. To date, I've sold 847 comics via eBay and 1,043 in person via Craigslist.

2- Tough to get exact numbers, since my eBay totals include random junk, but I can safely estimate about $1,500 total profit from the comics sold strictly on eBay.

3- Craigslist was good for bulk, as I sold a higher quantity, there, but only $481 in profit.

I still have yet to put a dent into my stock. The key thing is: EIGHT YEARS and I'm still trying to sell this stuff. It's not that they're "worthless", since I've sold some absolute garbage for more than something I thought was valuable (I've made more money off of Muppet Babies than I have off of X-men). Most expensive single comic I've sold, online,-- "Adventures of Super Mario Brothers #1" for 25.99.

The problem is moving the overall BULK. It takes a long time, as nobody wants to dish out a large chunk of change for a huge collection. People want "deals"...so while it might be a better deal to buy a ton of stuff in bulk, most folks would rather nickel n' dime and pay 25 cents to 5 bucks for individual issues.

I think that's part of the hobby, though-- the actual "collecting". For instance, if you were to buy EVERY issue of Avengers, for $1,000 (which would include the key issues of #1 and #4), where's the fun in that? You're instantly done.

It took me about 30 years to complete my Avengers run. Did I have fun? Yeah. Would I do it again? Hell no.