Moderator: Scrooge McSuck

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 9th, 2014, 10:01 pm #11

That was the last 2 seasons, where Shredder was phased out and a new alien took over for world domination (Voiced by that deep-voiced guy who did the villain in Hunchback of Notre Dame).

Only things I recall from the few episodes I have previously seen: they aren't as over-the-top goofy, but there's little substance. A main plot is that there's some way that their mutations are getting out of control, and Michelangelo no longer uses the nunchukus because the series was set for syndication in Europe, and they ban that weapon of choice. All he has was a grappling hook. In the Nick series, he uses that as well as the Nunchukus, so nice continuity.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 10th, 2014, 4:38 am #12

Something in me can't help making rasslin' references in each episode. I don't plan on changing that way of thinking, after I've already relented on beating the misspelling of Michelangelo into the ground.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 10th, 2014, 4:55 am #13

EPISODE #7: THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING TURTLES

We open the episode with the Turtles sparring in the park, trying to practice fighting in a different environment in the event of another battle with Shredder, which no doubt will end in a Dusty Finish. Suddenly, SHREDDER ATTACKS! Donatello, Leonardo, and Raphael seem oblivious to the face that Shredder is not only partially dressed, but also appears to have GREEN SKIN and has Orange elbow and knee wraps. Oh, it's Michelangelo playing a prank on them. Wow, that fooled me. Suddenly, a SPACESHIP crashes into the... lake? River? The Turtles save him, only for him to expire after telling them about The Eye of Zarnoth. It's broken into three pieces, and when joined, they have the power of creative control. Shredder, of course, over hears the entire conversation, despite the dying alien being whisper quiet.

Shredder, Baxter Stockman, and Baxter Stockman's melting ice cream cone try pleading with Krang to send reinforcements, but Krang demands Shredder win on his own for once. Was this the creative team's inspiration for booking Randy Orton as the "face of WWE" in the Fall of 2013? The Turtles find fragment #1: In a Dump. Shredder swings in from what appears to be a 500 foot rope and easily kicks Donatello's ass... literally. Shredder makes short work of the remaining Turtles and the fragment of the Eye of Zarnoth has the ability to SHRINK THINGS, making all four Turtles almost microscopic. Even being about 5 inches tall, or big enough to be one of the countless action figures produced by PlayMates from 1987-1997, the Turtles still won't job to Shredder. They take the cop-out Count-Out finish, instead.

(Right in the ass)

Shredder uses the "alien crystal" to shrink down buildings in New York City, including the Empire State Building. Something inside me doesn't think he knows where he's going with this plan. After showing off his collection, Krang simply ridicules Shredder and hangs up on him. Meanwhile, the Turtles chow down on a single slice of pizza (because they're so tiny!) and save themselves from a "tidal wave" by riding a bar of soap (because they're so tiny!). Baxter Stockman manages to capture the Turtles (because WCW) which can only mean one thing: Another failed plot from Shredder at destroying the Turtles. Remember, we're PG: You can't say kill, you have to say "destroy" or "eliminate." Splinter runs in for the save, only to get his rodent ass handed to him. The Turtles return to their normal size, make the save for Splinter, and Shredder runs off with the crystal... but WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER TWO FRAGMENTS?!

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 10th, 2014, 5:22 am #14

EPISODE #8: IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEWERS

The search for the Eye of Zarnoth continues. When we last saw our heroes, The Shredder escaped with the first piece. The Turtles (and April) use a tracking device to find a signal inside a local Carnival. The Turtles casually walk around, and are quickly mistaken for being performers by one of the ring leaders. Elsewhere, Shredder informs Krang that they lost the first piece because Baxter Stockman accidentally threw it away. Krang does about 3-seconds of work to help Shredder track down another piece, and to nobodies surprise, it's the same one inside the Carnival. Two punk kids discover the fragment and want to sell it for more tokens to get on the rides. They shrewdly turn down April's offer of 3 dollars. Even in the late 80's, that would've been a rip-off. Shredder is less friendly about it and casually steals it. In one of many, many, MANY examples of poor animated directing... just look at the picture, and yes, this is consecutive shots.

After examining the fragment, and Shredder bitching about ruining the shine on his boot, the crystal turned a small glob of Dimension X goop into a monstrous plant. It's Audrey II on HGH... er.... PGH (Plant-Growth Hormones)! After a brief scuffle, the plant arms retreat. Something tells me we'll see the entire monster a little bit later in the episode. Shredder verbally abuses Stockman some more and teases a Plan B (signing away Raphael from the Turtles?). April and Irma are relaxing in April's Apartment when a note is left at her door-step. It's from "The Turtles" and instructs her to meet them at some unknown location.

Shredder ambushes her (and by ambush I mean casually grabs her from behind) and straps her into a chair. He steals her cell-phone (the Tele-Com) and trash talks the Turtles into showing up for another big showdown. I was going to question why set a trap for them when they have nothing he needs, but then I forget if Shredder isn't looking for something, he's trying to "destroy the Turtles." Instead of using their weapons, the Turtles KO Baxter with a PIZZA. Somewhere Owen Hart is laughing and hoping they bust out a bag of popcorn. Shredder runs away almost INSTANTLY, leaving the Turtles to battle the Giant Plant from Dimension X(tm). Spoiler Alert: The Turtles win, with the help of Michelangelo in drag. As for the giant plant monster... it looks like a really bad "alien" design I would come up with in 5th grade, except not as good. No, I don't think it was turned into an action figure. (sad face)

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 10th, 2014, 6:37 pm #15

All fans of TMNT III would love this series. (Un)fortunately, TMNT III has zero fans.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 11th, 2014, 4:10 am #16

EPISODE #9: THE MEAN MACHINES

Two episodes have been spent looking for one of the fragments of the Eye of Zarnoth, and the Turtles remain empty-handed. They still walked away victorious at the end of each episode. Will the same script be followed for the third part? Raphael comically ridicules Splinter rat-handling Michelangelo, further irritating the pretentious fan in me that wishes Raphael was more... you know, like RAPHAEL. The Turtles follow the tracking device, wearing cloaks and Groucho Marx glasses and mustaches for a disguise. I guess it's better than the Fedora Hat look, but only barely. The Turtles decide to prevent a robbery instead of continuing the pursuit, allowing the Shredder (also wearing a cloak for whatever reason, maybe on his way to a Jedi convention) to find it and car-jack a Taxi.

After a brief conversation with Krang and Baxter acting like an Uncle Tom ("Yes master, anything you say master"), they hook the fragment up to a computer that appears to have a mind of it's own. With a stronger power source, it's capable of controlling a bunch of heavy machinery and construction trucks at a nearby construction site that the Turtles just happened to be meeting April at (because WCW). I guess you could say this inspired the lengthy (and AWESOME) action scene from Terminator 3 where John Connor is trying to outrace a bunch of vehicles controlled by the... uh... Terminator (F). Thankfully a crate conveniently labeled TNT is nearby, allowing the Turtles to put a stop to the cruise-control trucks. The Evil Machine(tm) decides it needs even more power, but I'm sure it won't be enough to squash four Turtles who only fight in comical style.

With New York in disarray over the Machines takeover, the Turtles (along with April, probably to be captured, again) are out for the battle of the century... but first, they threaten a robotic meter-maid with a good time. The Mean Machine takes control of the Turtle Van, because... I don't know. They never explain HOW the Machine is capable of controlling automobiles. Donatello easily counters the balance of Power, because he likes to do machines. The Turtles find the Shredder's latest hiding place and encounter a bunch of killer machines, and TO MY SURPRISE, USE THEIR WEAPONS TO TAKE THEM OUT. I guess pizzas and banana peels weren't readily available. Somehow a FIRE HOSE is manipulated by the force... er... "machine takeover", but fairs only slightly better before being shut down. Leonardo cuts the power on the Mean Machine(tm), and Shredder runs away after exploding the nearby Meth Lab as a diversion. The machine mysteriously being shut down is explained by April... she just unplugged it. HAR HAR!

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 11th, 2014, 4:55 am #17

EPISODE #10: CURSE OF THE EVIL EYE

Correction: I've been misspelling the Eye of ZARNOV this entire time. I actually had to use the TMNT Wiki website to get some proper spelling and names.

The saga over the Eye of Zarnov CONTINUES! The Turtles, dressed as Amish sewer workers, and The Shredder, dressed like the guy on Gorton's Fish products... wait... WHO CAME UP WITH THESE IDEAS? Anyway, Baxter Stockman finds another fragment under sea, inside the stomach of a little fish. SHREDDER HAS ALL THREE FRAGMENTS! Shredder welds the fragments together and attaches it to the front of his helmet. That's right, we actually get to see Shredder without his mask. The Turtles track him down, but Shredder uses the powers of the Eye to create a Flying Dragon off the carton of Chinese food, and turns Leonardo's Katana Blades into ice cream cones.

April and Vernon are tracking the Flying Dragon, and we're introduced to a one-and-done character who gets way too much screen time: Blodgett, who's a bumbling schmuck. He chicken-shit runs from the Dragon, crashing the Channel 6 News Van into the river, getting fired as a result of it (his fourth lost job in the last year). He happens upon Shredder's helmet and casually wears it while listening to some self-help cassettes. He unknowingly creates things out of thin air, and once he discovers what he has done, tries to do it with Gold, with no luck... FORSHADOWING! Baxter Stockman tracks him down, easily kicks his ass (yes, HUMAN BAXTER STOCKMAN KICKED SOMEONE'S ASS. That's like Heath Slater getting one over of Zack Ryder, if Zack Ryder was a total dweeb) and steals the helmet.

Baxter Stockman summons a giant Wax Monster to fight the Turtles. Shredder actually makes the unintentional save in order to regain possession of his helmet. Stockman responds by creating a giant monster made out of Electricity. Baxter tries doing the same on a Gold structure, and fails. Shredder pokes him in the eye and reclaims his helmet, allowing all the previously created monsters to disappear. Blodgett shows up out of nowhere to save April (and likely cop a cheap feel) and gives the Turtles a valuable piece of advice: the helmet doesn't work on Gold. Good thing the curator at the Museum is friends with April, allowing the Turtles to borrow several GOLDEN SHIELDS. After another confrontation between the Turtles and Shredder, Donatello spouts off exposition that the Eye of ZARNOV will explode when blah blah blah. Shredder tosses it into the river, the Eye of ZARNOV explodes, and Shredder disappears once again.