Moderator: Scrooge McSuck

RIP Chuck Barris

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

March 22nd, 2017, 3:58 pm #1

Weird. Only a few days after Chuck Berry died, Chuck Barris dies.

Remember watching the Gong Show as a kid and thinking his name was "Chuck Berry" and I thought: "okay, this goofball's messing with us".

Some very inappropriate stuff on there (and who the FUCK was "JP Morgan"?), but I remember laughing my ass off, every time I watched. As a kid and, later, as an adult. The Unknown Comic, The Worm, Gene-Gene Dancing Machine! I'm giggling, typing this right now. Next to MST3K, it may have been the most influential show on my sense of humor (if I had one).

"Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" was a fun flick, too. The urban legend about Barris being an assassain for the CIA is awesome. A better rib than Andy Kaufmann's stuff. Of course the CIA will deny it ever happened-- that's what they're supposed to do!

HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar
HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar

March 23rd, 2017, 6:58 am #2

Ahhh good ol' Chuck Barris from my neck of the woods Philadelphia. The Gong Show was a different type of show that I enjoyed. It's a shame it was only on for a few years.

He also wrote ''Palisades Park'' for Freddy Cannon. Big hit for him during the early 60s.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN