OAO NBA Thread

Mainstream sports like baseball, football, basketball, and hockey, plus the world of Mixed Martial Arts.

Moderator: Mad Dog

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

July 8th, 2016, 3:11 pm #161

Mad Dog,Jul 6 2016 wrote: Yeah, the NBA is designed to do this. They happily fuck over small market teams in favor of the larger franchises.
Which is odd considering the salary cap and the draft lottery theoretically make it more balanced. There is a maximum that teams can spend (with some exception), and losing doesn't guarantee the best draft pick.

It's odd, really.
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

October 9th, 2016, 10:18 pm #162

I attended the Celtics vs. Hornets pre-season game at Mohegan Sun yesterday. While I was initially disappointed that not only was Isaiah Thomas out of the game (which was smart since he banged up his wrist) but so were Al Horford, Avery Bradley, and Amir Johnson, but once the game got going it was 100% encouraging. Jae Crowder and the bench completely kicked the Hornets in the teeth and it turned into a blow-out. Now, I know the Hornets were resting Marvin Williams and Nicholas Batum, and Kemba Walker is coming off an injury, but seeing guys like Marcus Smart actually sink their 3-pointers was awesome and gives me hope that the Celtics can live up to the lofty expectations set for them this season.

I was there early enough to watch the resting starters practice at least, so I got to see the whole team. With the baby on the way, I'm probably not going to any more games at TD Garden in the near future, so I just wanted to see them at least once this season and for $20 it was worth my time.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

January 10th, 2017, 5:53 am #163

I know Rowe will be happy that the Nets are the worst team in the NBA
Since the Celts get their pick

Been to two games this year

Against Warriors and Cavs
The two finalists from the last two years

They lost both naturally

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

February 13th, 2017, 2:33 pm #164

The Nets are doing so poorly I actually feel sorry for you, though I'm still happy to be swapping draft picks with them.

I wish the Thunder could beat the Warriors just once this season (think they have one more game later). The Warriors are going out of their way to not only win against the Thunder, but to crush them, and the young Thunder roster keep going into panic mode and Russell Westbrooke isn't enough to keep them in the games. I feel like the Thunder are having a pretty good season otherwise, surpassing expectations, but these Warriors blowouts are really hurting their image and morale.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

February 16th, 2017, 3:59 am #165

Went tonight. Great game. But they lost again to the Bucks

1-6 in games this year

Met Isaiah whitehead's (backup PG) mom in the stands. She was sitting with friends in the row in front of us

She and one of her friends were laughing with me when I was yelling at that turncoat
Jason Kidd

Got a pic with her

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

February 18th, 2017, 1:25 am #166

That's pretty cool! I'm going to Celtics vs. Hawks next week (assuming that my wife doesn't go into labor early).

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

February 18th, 2017, 8:36 am #167

Congrats on the baby

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

February 28th, 2017, 10:23 pm #168

Wow, the 76ers gave Noel to Dallas for basically nothing.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

February 28th, 2017, 11:51 pm #169

In the last week, Knicks are blown out by Cleveland, barely beat the 76ers by 1, then lose to Toronto by 1.

Knicks for the last 16 years, in a nutshell.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

March 1st, 2017, 2:08 am #170

The stuff I've been reading about the front office and coaching make it sound like a total clusterfuck right now. Sounds like they're trying to run 2 systems at once.