January 14th, 2018, 6:48 am #1461

Mark Henry has retired

He was there 22 years

Hall of pain run was awesome. Was injured a lot in the early years

Sexual chocolate gimmick was fine as well

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

January 14th, 2018, 6:52 am #1462

Mark F'N Henry somehow stuck through for over 2 decades. I remember in 2006, it seemed amazing he lasted the entire 10-year deal he signed in 1996, despite constant injuries, being demoted to OVW for being out of shape, and humiliating storylines like admitting to sleeping with his sister and being there for the birth of Mae Young's hand. Then it clicked and he finally got over at a spot I'm sure Vince envisioned years earlier.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

January 14th, 2018, 12:59 pm #1463

Fun fact, Mark Henry saved Smackdown's ratings as champion after Randy Orton had completed tanked them. Orton has gotten several World Title reigns since then.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

February 15th, 2018, 8:20 pm #1464

Rich Swann is officially gone... hey, that rhymed.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

March 9th, 2018, 5:56 am #1465

WWE released NXT's Abbey Laith and Sage Beckett. Neither made an appearance on TV since the days of the Mae Young Classic. Based on live experience, I thought there was some value in Laith with the NXT audience. It seems lately not many women are being featured regularly on NXT TV, and yet they have a ton employed and working out at the Performance Center. They also cut ties with a Chinese recruit that hasn't done much of anything working house shows.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

March 9th, 2018, 3:38 pm #1466

Had to look 'em up. At first glance, Sage Beckett looks like a slightly smaller Nia Jax. So her physical appearance may have counted against her. "Hey, we already have someone who kinda' looks like her".

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

March 14th, 2018, 9:55 pm #1467

Scrooge McSuck wrote:WWE released NXT's Abbey Laith and Sage Beckett. Neither made an appearance on TV since the days of the Mae Young Classic. Based on live experience, I thought there was some value in Laith with the NXT audience. It seems lately not many women are being featured regularly on NXT TV, and yet they have a ton employed and working out at the Performance Center. They also cut ties with a Chinese recruit that hasn't done much of anything working house shows.
It was attitude issues with Laith

I never heard of her. I don't follow NXT. But I read it somewhere when she was released, that was the reason why

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

March 15th, 2018, 4:18 am #1468

That stinks to hear. Regardless of the attitude, I figured she never got much of a push because of her look. She's a good wrestler, but she's not the most physically tone person, nor is she a giant monster for the freak demograph. They probably expected her to get in better shape and she mostly stayed the same with a thick middle.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

March 15th, 2018, 10:45 am #1469

Attitude wasn't about her body. Don't remember what it was but it wasnt that.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 4th, 2018, 5:39 pm #1470

WWE has cut 2 from the NXT Roster, Zeda and Uriel Ealy (but not his twin brother? I suspect a phone call was missed)

Zeda competed in the Mae Young Classic and was only used at NXT house shows.

The Ealy Twins have been around for 3-4 years, and only recently started getting TV Time as enhancement talent. Both Ealy's worked the local NXT cards... as the security dudes when they weren't on the card. They never did much to impress, other than being large (as in tall) twins.