Moderator: Mad Dog

NXT: UK is coming

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

June 19th, 2018, 3:34 pm #1

From an incredibly crowded CBS sports site with lots of videos and ads:
https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe- ... sion-show/

In short, WWE is launching a new brand: "NXT: UK". In addition to the UK Championship, they'll also have a new UK Women's Championship and a UK Tag Team Championship. No firm TV details have been announced, yet.

I like it. I'm thinking/hoping they learned something from the dog fart launch that was "205 Live" and the cruisers. The UK guys have been steadily appearing on NXT for over a year, now (mostly Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Pete Dunne). Wolfgang had one or two appearances and Danny Burch used his appearance in the 2017 UK tourney to get back on the NXT (US) radar. Mark Andrews seems to have caught on with 205 Live.

Aside from Pete Dunne, the UK guys haven't really factored highly into the booking and feuds of the US brands. I was a little concerned that it might dilute the roster on 205 Live and NXT, but I think the effect will be minimal.

They should be fine with the UK Tag Team Championship, and I'd say Mustache Mountain would be the favorite. Women's UK division is a complete mystery to me. Be interested to see what they can do.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 19th, 2018, 4:30 pm #2

I've got one word. Oversaturation.

I don't have time lately to watch NXT, and I love NXT. I doubt I'll give this more than a passing glimpse.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

June 19th, 2018, 4:39 pm #3

Even if we (Yanks) don't watch it, I'm fairly certain it'll do well in the UK, which is their plan. We could skip the weekly UK show and still enjoy the random crossovers that are bound to happen.

It also means we might get the return of "Heyyyyy. Hey, Jesus! Ooh-ahh! I wanna' know-o-o-o-o...if you'll be my god". Along with "Jesus sucks".

Would really prefer they focus production costs on this, than Camp WWE, Ridealong, and all the other "exclusive" stuff on the Network.