Moderator: Mad Dog

NXT Takeover: New Orleans 2018

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

March 9th, 2018, 6:36 pm #1

AKA: "The NXT show that's on WrestleMania weekend". There's a fairly BIG spoiler with the tag team situation, so look away NOW...

Announced thus far:

NXT Championship: Andrade Almas vs. Aleister Black
Total toss-up, and just like Roode/McIntyre from August 2017, I think the loser gets called up.

NXT Women's Championship: Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler
No idea on this one, either. Can see the long-term summer booking for either result. They've been building up Kairi Sane, so that makes me wonder, too.

NXT North American Championship Ladder Match: Velveteen Dream vs. Killian Dane vs. Adam Cole vs. EC3 vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Ricochet
Yeah, a new secondary championship. Good odds that Velveteen Dream gets it. I sorta' expect Dane and Sullivan to take each other out and start a feud.

NXT Tag Team Championship: Fish/O'Reilly vs. Authors of Pain vs. Roderick Strong & Pete Dunne
Fish is out for 5-6 months, so I'm wondering if they sub in Adam Cole via the "Freebird Rule". Strong & Dunne? Well, guess Strong won't be in the WWE Cruiserweight championship final, then. This is also supposed to be the final of the Dusty Tag Team Classic...so I'm a little confused, there. Are AoP and Strong/Dunne the finalists?

I think they might use the Classic to build a Dunne/Strong feud, which wouldn't be so bad. The ol' "two partners who don't like each other, being forced to work together". Dunne's held the UK Championship for almost a year, now, so a quick title reign for Strong seems like a possibility.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

April 5th, 2018, 4:04 pm #2

Added last week: Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa in an UNSANCTIONED match
Stipulations are: if Gargano wins, he gets his job back. If Ciampa wins, Gargano is "gone forever". With those stips, it seems like a Gargano win is almost guaranteed. However, as this feud has plenty of heat, I could seem them stretching it out over the summer and having Ciampa win with Nefarious Shenanigans. I could see the feud ending at the SummerSlam NXT Takeover, with Gargano going over cleanly.

Oh, and EC3? Last week was the first time I've ever seen him on TV. He came out to interrupt Regal's announcement about the North American Championship and almost immediately got his "top 1%" phrase over. Just from that segment, I can see why there's a buzz about him. He's like their new Bobby Roode.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

April 8th, 2018, 12:04 pm #3

Ladder match: *****
Women's Title: **1/2
Dusty Finals: ***
Almas/Black: ****1/4
Gargano/Ciampa: *****

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

April 8th, 2018, 5:13 pm #4

I was half-asleep as I finished my recap, but looking back, I went...

6-Man: ****1/2
Women: ***
Tag: ***
Black/Almas: ****
Gargano/Ciampa: *****

Trim the Ladder Match down at least 5 minutes and I might've gone higher.