torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

December 5th, 2017, 6:39 pm #61

Worse than Ray Handley?

Rich kotite was worse I Think. But I'm a jets fan

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

December 5th, 2017, 7:31 pm #62

Scrooge McSuck,Dec 5 2017 wrote: The Giants have had some underwhelming seasons in my time, but this is the worst season I've ever seen, not just record-wise, but overall performance on the field, coaching, and executives in charge.
Ditto for Denver. I "officially" became a Donkey fan in 1985. They had some crappy seasons in the 60's and 70's, but this is probably tied with the 2010 season for crappiest I've seen, first-hand. At least the last four games of 2010 were the beginning of the Tim Tebow Experience.

The 1990 team went 5-11, but they were in a lot of their games. I went to their last game, that season, and the place was half-empty (officially 46,943 attendance...looked it up). There's been a lot of talk about fans not showing up for games, so I'm curious to see if that 46,943 mark will be passed (or lowered as the case may be).

By the way, that 1990 game was against Blair Kiel and the Green Bay Packers. It was awesome and fun in so many ways. Broncos won and we sat next to JEFF-- the guy in the upper corner of the South Stands who started the "De-FENSE" wave, every time. He also showed us how to smuggle beer into a stadium (bring it in a water or lemonade dispenser jug; this was obviously well before ushers cracked down on liquids and containers).

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

December 5th, 2017, 11:01 pm #63

torturedsoulv1,Dec 5 2017 wrote: Worse than Ray Handley?

Rich kotite was worse I Think. But I'm a jets fan
Kotite is the worst. The DIRT WORST. He's the measuring stick of awful coaching.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

December 6th, 2017, 1:46 am #64

I think he's just the fall guy for Mara trying to get rid of Eli personally. I think Mara knew exactly what was going on with that benching.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

December 6th, 2017, 4:20 am #65

My best guess is they seriously underestimated fan loyalty and overall respect Eli gets, and when it blew up in their face, the easy move was definitely to cut ties with the coach and GM. To be fair, the GM has done a piss poor job putting a contender together outside of over-spending on defensive free agents, and the team clearly gave up on McAdoo weeks ago.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

December 6th, 2017, 2:14 pm #66

I'm jealous of the Giants, right now.

BTW, Jets play the Broncos on Sunday (not that you're watching--- right?!). Should be... "interesting".

Stupid Local Fan Buzz of the Day: "Broncos should get Eli for 2018".

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

December 6th, 2017, 6:46 pm #67

Denver's answer isn't a declining, 37-year old QB. That's Jacksonville

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

December 6th, 2017, 9:05 pm #68

Erick Von Erich,Dec 6 2017 wrote: I'm jealous of the Giants, right now.

BTW, Jets play the Broncos on Sunday (not that you're watching--- right?!). Should be... "interesting".

Stupid Local Fan Buzz of the Day: "Broncos should get Eli for 2018".
Still not watching

The Eli stuff is the only thing I even paid attention to after I stopped watching cause it was hard to avoid it. And yes I was stunned by it as it was geno smith taking over

I think Eli goes to Jacksonville. Coughlin is there and their QB situation is supposedly a mess. No clue who they have unless bottles is still there

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

February 8th, 2018, 4:44 pm #69

Forgot all about this until I saw a TV commercial with John Elway, last night. So I looked up the 2018 NFL Hall of Fame Inductees:

-Ray Lewis
-Randy Moss
-Brian Urlacher
-Terrell Owens
-Brian Dawkins
-Bobby Beatherd (contributor)
-Jerry Kramer (seniors committee selection)
-Robert Brazile (seniors committee selection)

That's a pretty good class... but I'd take Steve Atwater over Brian Dawkins, any day. Dammit, vote in Atwater! I also thought Jerry Kramer was already in. Robert Brazile is something of a personal mystery to me, as I didn't know who he was (Oilers LB from 1975 to 1984. Huh).

Oh, and if I felt old when John Elway was elected to the HOF, I feel ancient now that Randy Moss is in. I vividly remember hanging out with friends at a bar in 1998, when he had his big coming-out party against the Packers on MNF.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

February 9th, 2018, 3:45 am #70

Erick Von Erich wrote:Forgot all about this until I saw a TV commercial with John Elway, last night. So I looked up the 2018 NFL Hall of Fame Inductees:

-Ray Lewis
-Randy Moss
-Brian Urlacher
-Terrell Owens
-Brian Dawkins
-Bobby Beatherd (contributor)
-Jerry Kramer (seniors committee selection)
-Robert Brazile (seniors committee selection)

That's a pretty good class... but I'd take Steve Atwater over Brian Dawkins, any day. Dammit, vote in Atwater! I also thought Jerry Kramer was already in. Robert Brazile is something of a personal mystery to me, as I didn't know who he was (Oilers LB from 1975 to 1984. Huh).

Oh, and if I felt old when John Elway was elected to the HOF, I feel ancient now that Randy Moss is in. I vividly remember hanging out with friends at a bar in 1998, when he had his big coming-out party against the Packers on MNF.
Brian Dawkins is not a hall of famer in my opinion

Neither is atwater

Lewis should be in jail. But as a player he deserves it

So do moss, Owens and urlacher