Moderator: Mad Dog

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

October 16th, 2017, 2:51 pm #51

I'd say the Donkies have some coaching concerns. They looked like world-beaters against Dallas, but laid eggs against the Giants and Buffalo. I feel Vance Joseph would make a good college coach, but he's in over his head at the pro level.

Zeroing in on one problem: in the 4th quarter, they completed a third down pass at the one yard line. Then had to re-huddle, call another play, waste 30 seconds, then they were summarily stuffed on 4th down. If they really were playing with urgency, they would have called two plays in the 3rd down huddle (or 3, with two options for 4th down).

Probably the worst home performance they've had since 2010. They could potentially lose their next 4 games and be looking at 3-6 before Thanksgiving. Of course, I said they'd lose a buncha' games and finish 8-8 in 2015. But I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

October 16th, 2017, 3:50 pm #52

Oh, and "Orleans Darkwa" sounds like a Star Wars name.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

November 13th, 2017, 6:40 pm #53

..and here they are at 3-6 before Thanksgiving!

Went to the Donkeys/Pats game, last night. Buddy of mine had the good ol' free tickets, which fit right into my budget. So, yeah, somebody gave away tickets to a Sunday Night Football nationally televised prime time game against the mighty Patriots. About 40% New England fans in the place. Further destroying the myth that "Bronco fans are ALWAYS with their team... but only if they're going to the playoffs and/or look good on any particular week". Really one of the more boring games I've ever seen, live.

The coaching concerns become more apparent, every week. This week, I noticed twice that special teams players were desperately running onto the field, hoping they'd make it to the line before the snap. Two guys even had their chin-straps un-buckled. That's a total lack of preparation. When I was coaching high school, we'd always have to say: "punt team, get ready" at the end of second down (or whatever fourth down team was pending). Lack of discipline and that points to coaching.

I'm thinking Vance Joseph is gone at the end of the year... but now I'm hearing all sorts of calls for his immediate dismissal.

There's enough stuff I'd rather watch on TV than Bronco games. I'll follow, but wont actively seek them out. Unless, of course, free tickets show up again.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

November 13th, 2017, 6:53 pm #54

Giants are 1-8.

I don't give up on my team often, but we just lost to the awful winless team (Cleveland stays competitive far more in their losses than the Niners).

Macadoo is done after the season. There's no way they keep him unless they blow the whole team up, and he's not a coach with a track record you would bend over backwards for.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

November 28th, 2017, 10:15 pm #55

Eli is benched for Geno Smith.

I'm in shock.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

November 28th, 2017, 10:42 pm #56

Eli was the only thing remotely working on the offense.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

November 29th, 2017, 1:11 am #57

Poor coaching.

Poor offensive line.

Absolutely NO help at wide receiver with all the projected starters hurt

Average at best running game.

Constant conflict between the head coach and team, leading to multiple one game suspensions.

Yes, Eli, YOU are why we're 2-9. I'm not going to pretend he's completely excused, but he's a fucking scapegoat for a piss-poor head coach and a doofy GM.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

November 29th, 2017, 4:38 am #58

As a jets fan I am laughing at this

Gene fucking smith replacing a two time super bowl winner

I'd understand if it was Webb as he's a rookie.

Who in their right mind would have thought before the season started would have thought geno would start in place of Eli for any reason other than an injury

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

December 4th, 2017, 8:40 pm #59

Broncos front office, this morning: "So, I'm thinking we schedule a new conference today to fire Vance Joseph. Nothing else going on, today".

"Giants just fired Bob McAdoo"

"Dammit! There goes our thunder! Now we'll look like copy cats."

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

December 5th, 2017, 6:25 pm #60

I hope McAdoo remembered to leave his key card on the desk on the way out.

The Giants have had some underwhelming seasons in my time, but this is the worst season I've ever seen, not just record-wise, but overall performance on the field, coaching, and executives in charge.