Moderator: Mad Dog

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 6:36 am #31

Erick Von Erich,Sep 28 2017 wrote:
torturedsoulv1,Sep 28 2017 wrote: And Kaep wearing the Fidel Castro shirt and comments about Fidel says a lot to me about him as a person
The Castro/Malcolm X "Like minds think alike" shirt? Then the follow-up of dodging Castro's crappy actions and following with:
wrote:"One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we’re fully capable of doing that."
I'll agree that it's similar to people wearing Che Guevara shirts and ignoring Che's terrorist antics. But it doesn't make me think negatively of Kaepernick. I think his thought process may have been along the lines of: displaying disturbing images or messages is forcing people to confront or think about it.

I'm guessing he no longer wears that shirt to gym.
Kaep is an idiot for saying that

Just like marge schott saying Hitler had some good ideas but took it too far.
The hitler thing is worse but you get my point

Castro was a POs killer . And Kaep was wearing his shirt. Nice image as follow up

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 1:06 pm #32

I honestly just think Kaep is a moron. Look at how his girlfriend blew up his spot with the Ravens in the offseason. I just think he's a not so bright guy that touched a nerve.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 4:30 pm #33

Oh...and Johnny Manziel will not be playing in the CFL this season. I'm sure you're disappointed. Yet they did mention a chance for 2018.

So who you got for the Grey Cup, eh?

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 4:42 pm #34

I don't understand how the CFL works.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 5:26 pm #35

What blows my mind is that Canadian colleges have football teams that play with the CFL style, sizes, rules and everything else.

They also have CFL video games (which are reportedly not too great) and even fantasy football.

While the CFL has its differences (more offense, extra guy, longer/wider field, one less down and the "single" touchback rule), it's still tackling, blocking, running, passing, etc.

It's a decent alternative for guys who can't catch on in the NFL for whatever reason. Doug Flutie's probably one of the more famous cases. Plus Raghib Ismael, Joe Theismann, Warren Moon and Ricky Williams. Mark Gastineau, Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson and even Fred Biletnikoff played their final seasons in the CFL. I'd say it's somewhat equatable to the unofficial relationship between Japanese baseball and MLB. Better than Arena Football, or one of the independent "pro" leagues around the US.

Or...it's like the "Earth-2" to the NFL's "Earth-1". A weird alternate dimension where, even though some things look similar, there are weird nuances and differences.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 9:52 pm #36

While Kaep is talented enough where it's clear he could at least have been the backup on any team, he's a moron for opting out with the Niners

he had to know there would be backlash to what he did and that he would have a hard time getting a job with another team

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 9:54 pm #37

Erick Von Erich,Sep 29 2017 wrote: Oh...and Johnny Manziel will not be playing in the CFL this season. I'm sure you're disappointed. Yet they did mention a chance for 2018.

So who you got for the Grey Cup, eh?
I actually had read that somewhere

Manziel is a loser

yes he's an addict, but he's refused help numerous times, that makes him a loser in my book.......maybe I'm harsh on that stuff as I have 19 years clean in GA, so I know what it's like to get help and make it work

but of course I have a food addiction and struggle with that, so well you get my point

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 10:23 pm #38

torturedsoulv1,Sep 29 2017 wrote: While Kaep is talented enough where it's clear he could at least have been the backup on any team, he's a moron for opting out with the Niners

he had to know there would be backlash to what he did and that he would have a hard time getting a job with another team
Part of the problem is he wants starter money. I think Arizona or Miami brought him in and he just wanted too much money. Plus you would have to make a lot of changes for an offense that he works well in. Jay Cutler also couldn't get a job until the exact right situation happens and Cutler is just a better QB in every respect.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

September 29th, 2017, 10:26 pm #39

I loved watching Manziel play at A&M, but off the field he's an immature ding-dong.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

September 30th, 2017, 1:49 pm #40

I never thought he would work in the NFL. Just too weak of an arm. It didn't help that he was an entitled prick that was more into the booger sugar than playing football.