Moderator: Mad Dog

NBA finals

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

May 29th, 2018, 6:20 am #1

4th year in a row its warriors - cavs

And the warriors have the better team. Just like the 1st and 3rd times. Well the cavs had an equal team to the warriors the 1st time, but that was the regular season as love and Irving were hurt in the finals

realistically the warriors should win in 5. They have 4 of the best 5 players, though Lebron is the best. Love was overrated on the twolves and while he's still good, he's not in the class of any of the warriors Big 4.

Lebron though has been out of his fucking mind this year. I think this goes 7. Warriors will win it

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 29th, 2018, 3:07 pm #2

I'm goin Warriors in 5.

LeBron is a phenomenal talent, but he's had a tough road with a 7 game series in the 1st Round and Conference Finals that he could be credited with pulling the heavy load. The team doesn't have a deep enough roster and I think after Game 2 or 3 he's going to fizzle and try too hard to compensate.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

May 29th, 2018, 5:20 pm #3

I'd agree with that except if you look at the schedule it's 7 games in 18 days. So multiple days off between most of the games

They've stretched it out. Helps Lebron get rest

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

May 29th, 2018, 7:29 pm #4

My knee-jerk prediction was a Warriors sweep, but LeBron has been playing out of his mind and is clearly on a mission, so... Warriors in 5.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

June 1st, 2018, 9:12 am #5

Refs and Jr smith won the game for the warriors tonight. Refs had to be on the take. They were horrible. And Jr smith is a fucking idiot.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

June 3rd, 2018, 12:14 pm #6

Maybe the Cavs should have shot the ball better :-P

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

June 4th, 2018, 6:54 am #7

Warriors win again. Refs still suck but they lost by 19 so this on the team

Warriors are too good. Too deep

I atill think Kalyn Thompson is highly overrated. But it's almost not fair that he's their 4th best player. And my team the Nets don't have anyone close to being better than him

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

June 4th, 2018, 6:34 pm #8

The NBA has no competitive balance with a "If you can't beat them, join them" mentality. Cavs/Warrior was cool the first time, but I stopped giving a shit at this point, and Lebron going to 8 finals to lose 5 of them doesn't do much for me.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

June 5th, 2018, 2:47 am #9

I was fine with the first two warriors-Cavs. I had no rooting interest. And it was two evenly matched teams. Well the first one would have been but Irving and Love were hurt

But them signing Durant was ugh. Sure there's no rules against it. But Durant was a loser to do it. The thunder made it to the semis the last year with him. So he was already on a very good team.

Was even worse that James and bosh joining Wade with the Heat. But James started all the Big 3 stuff with that year. And he was vilified rightfully so due to the decision

That being said James making the finals 8 years in a row, 4 years each with 2 teams is awesome. Would be better if he was better than 3-5 I agree

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

June 9th, 2018, 9:51 am #10

I didn't bother watching game 4. A sweep. Damn.