Moderator: Mad Dog

MITB

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

8:48 PM - May 27, 2018 #1

Separate topic from the one I just put about the mens MITB specifically and How it should be used

Predictions

Men's MITB.

No chance for Rude and whichever new day member is chosen
Doubtful - balor or KO

That leaves strowman, Rusev, winner of Joe/Bryan and Miz

Strowman at his size and he's face now = he doesn't need it to win a title
While I want it to be Rusev, I'd be fine with Joe or Miz. I don't think Bryan is beating Joe as with his health it wouldn't make sense for him to be in a ladder match

While Miz would be best for the heel looking for the most opportune time to cash in, I'm going with Rusev

Nak over AJ. It's what I want as heel Nak is awesome

Nia over rousey due to interference by Stephanie

Bludgeon brothers over Good brothers

Reigns over Mahal

Carmella over Asuka. Mella is money. Asuka I think is being pushed down the cars
Yeah just two months ago I wouldn't think Carmella would have a chance against Asuka

Women's MITB. No clue who's winning the gauntlet Monday night for the final spot. But whoever it isn't winning

Ember moon = not read yet

Charlotte = I hope not as she doesn't need it

Becky lynch = good chance

Lana = I can actually see this happening. She's over due to her looks and Rusev Day

Naomi = please don't

Natalya. Only way she's winning is if rousey gets the belt and she turns on her and cashes in that night. With Stephanie's urging

Alexa bliss = please don't. She's dominated the scene the last few years and unlike Charlotte she didn't deserve that much dominance

My pick: Lana in an upset
Only Becky or nattie are the other realistic options

I assume a Seth Rollins open US title challenge happens. He's winning regardless of who it is against. I say Elias answers the challenge

Zayn vs lashley has a chance of being added. I'll go with lashley

Doubt the 205 live, US title or raw tag champs will be defending

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

7:59 PM - May 30, 2018 #2

I'm kinda feeling like The Miz wins MITB. I know he won it once in 2010, but that feels like a lifetime ago.

AJ over Nakamura, because I'm starting to feel that if they had any intention of putting the title on Shinsuke, they would have by now.

Non-finish to Nia/Ronda, because Steph gets some revenge.

Bludgeon Brothers retain because why not?

The fans over Jinder/Roman.

In all seriousness, Roman wins.

Carmella over Asuka feels likely and also groan-inducing.

Lashley over Sami.

Naomi wins MITB, because they seem to really like her.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

10:21 PM - May 30, 2018 #3

I'm thinking Nia wins with some unintentional outside interference from Stephanie. Both the ref and Nia miss whatever Stephanie smacks Ronda with.

I'm shying away from picking the Miz because: 1- I don't like him and 2- he seems to add importance to the midcard titles he's always involved with. So I'll say Samoa Joe or Rusev.

Down the road, I could see the Champion winning a hard fought match and then "Rusev udrya! Rusev machka!", his music plays, and the place goes bananas.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

1:22 AM - May 31, 2018 #4

I'd love to see Joe win, but it seems like too much to ask for.

Rusev from 2015 would definitely be a favorite to win. Rusev in 2018, complete with unplanned babyface heat from the fans, seems unlikely.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

2:38 AM - May 31, 2018 #5

Erick Von Erich wrote:I'm thinking Nia wins with some unintentional outside interference from Stephanie. Both the ref and Nia miss whatever Stephanie smacks Ronda with.

I'm shying away from picking the Miz because: 1- I don't like him and 2- he seems to add importance to the midcard titles he's always involved with. So I'll say Samoa Joe or Rusev.

Down the road, I could see the Champion winning a hard fought match and then "Rusev udrya! Rusev machka!", his music plays, and the place goes bananas.
Why do you not like the Miz?

Best talker on the roster

While he's not a great worker, he's improved a ton over the years

And he's one of the few that knows how to get true heel heat

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

2:43 AM - May 31, 2018 #6

SamoaRowe wrote:I'd love to see Joe win, but it seems like too much to ask for.

Rusev from 2015 would definitely be a favorite to win. Rusev in 2018, complete with unplanned babyface heat from the fans, seems unlikely.
Joe has been hurt twice since he's been on the main roster. Don't think they should give him MITB

I do like Joe. Since his ROH and TNA days always thought he was a great worker, both brawling and wrestling. His promos have gotten better over the years as well

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

2:51 PM - May 31, 2018 #7

Miz rubs me the wrong way with his talking, mostly. He seems like he's trying SO hard to be clever that it comes across as phony. Yes, I've seen his famous "Daniel Bryan Talking Smack" rant and wasn't impressed.

I also don't get his character. I get that he's an egotistical douche, but is he supposed to be a movie star? Rich snob? Guys who wears weird robes?

In his matches, it seems to me that he's just trying to set up his finisher, constantly. "Miz is going for the Skull-Crushing Finale, here it comes... oh, his opponent slipped out!" I'm not a fan of that move and it looks like a simple transitional maneuver.

Booking-wise, it seems he hasn't advanced since I've been watching in 2014. Thus, he seems like a waste of time to me; similar to Dolph Ziggler.

This is nothing that he has control over, but his upper lip/mouth protrusion reminds me of a kid I knew (and disliked), growing up. Miz also sorta' looks like Rob Liefeld, circa 1992. Liefeld's a douchey comic book guy who I've automatically associated with Things That Suck for over 25 years, so that's hard to shake.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

4:16 AM - Jun 02, 2018 #8

I agree with you on his finisher. It's more a set up move. Kind of like Jeff Jarrett stroke

He's always been a great talker. Or at least he has been for years. Long before the talking smack stuff

He's supposed to be a Hollywood star. Calls himself the A lister. Not sure why you would think otherwise

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

8:16 PM - Jun 02, 2018 #9

Big cass over Daniel bryan. It was just added. makes no sense for Cass to lose again.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

8:18 PM - Jun 02, 2018 #10

and there is no open challenge for seth rollins. he's fighting Elias (which is who I predicted for the open challenge

I'll go with the upset. Elias wins the belt. Rollins fights brock at summerslam and wins the Universal title then