Moderator: whitemilesdavis

HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar
HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar

March 17th, 2017, 9:33 pm #11

The S.S. Nintendo,Mar 17 2017 wrote:
Is this the Icons of Wrestling convention in Philly? A friend of mine is going to that one as well.
Yes it is. I wanted to go last year since Heenan made a rare appearance there but I was low on funds unfortunately. It seems like it will be a regular thing now as they usually have another one during the fall as well. They already announced a 2 day event next January during Rumble weekend.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

The S.S. Nintendo
dWb Superstar

March 17th, 2017, 9:35 pm #12

There's also the new Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Expo going on in Richmond, VA on May 19-20 that another friend of mine is going to.

HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar
HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar

March 17th, 2017, 9:41 pm #13

Awesome. It's hard for me to travel much with my schedule but that'd be another event up my alley.

TheBob
Friend of Pete Doherty
TheBob
Friend of Pete Doherty

March 18th, 2017, 10:57 pm #14

i've interacted briefly with wrestlers. Had a short conversation with AR Fox at an indy show after he left EVOLVE. He wasn't very fond of Gabe, at the time. He went nuts in the match to impress Tajiri, whom was also in a tag match.

Recently, I met Mick Foley. He asked for my name.. I said "Bob" and he asked how to spell it. So, I spelled it for him. He looked at me like "no shit", and I just grinned like don't make dumb jokes, Mick.

HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar
HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar

March 18th, 2017, 11:41 pm #15

Bret Hart was at the last legend fest here in Philly last fall and it was a disaster line wise from what I've read. One guy said he waited in line for 3 hours. With Flair being the big name this time around the line will no doubt be just as insane.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

March 20th, 2017, 6:56 pm #16

I've met Chris Jericho, Bret Hart, Sara Del Rey, Daniel Bryan, Colt Cabana, Johnny Gargano, pretty much the entire CHIKARA roster 2009-2014, Titus O'Neal, Darren Young, and a handful of other indy people. I've never really had a bad experience. I was in nervous-mark mode for Bret and Jericho, but they were polite and nice. At one point I was at ease being in the same hallways, etc as the ROH and CHIKARA guys, got used to saying casual hello's or just letting them do their thing without making them be "on" all the time.

The CHIKARA guys are beyond friendly and use each intermission as spontaneous fan-fests of sorts.