Moderator: The Swigg Lebowski

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

January 3rd, 2014, 6:24 am #11

So... is A.J. working a couple of dates just to tie-up loose ends, or has he been working the net? With all of his upcoming Indy appearances, it's hard to tell. Maybe it's just incompetent TNA tucking their tail between it's legs again. Who knows.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

January 3rd, 2014, 6:26 am #12

My hunch is tonight's episode was taped well over a month ago and his last appearance is yet to air. I believe AJ is truly gone from TNA now, but he'll probably resign after getting a chance to see how he can do on his own.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

January 3rd, 2014, 6:28 am #13

Damn, how far in advance did they tape? Seems like forever ago Styles left with the belt and they did this stupid tournament and the Dixie Wheel and blah blah blah...

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

January 3rd, 2014, 6:28 am #14

Did a little research and S P O I L E R A L E R T

AJ worked the 12/5 tapings and lost to Magnus in a unification match. Tonight's Impact is about a month old.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

January 3rd, 2014, 6:29 am #15

Balls... and seriously, they taped a match of this much "importance" more than a month in advance?!

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

January 3rd, 2014, 6:36 am #16

Yep. I know they don't want to do normal PPV anymore, but times like this it would really help if they had a live event they could build to that we could all put down on our calendars.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

January 16th, 2014, 8:42 pm #17

I might have to watch Impact tonight because, POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT

Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards are there and will likely debut tonight.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

January 17th, 2014, 9:56 pm #18

I ended up skipping Impact and going to bed, but Richards and Edwards debuted in a backstage segment with Dixie Carter. Dixie told them that they'd need to earn contracts in a match, but turns out they'd already signed. They'll make their in-ring debuts next week.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

January 17th, 2014, 10:04 pm #19

So... is Sting done with TNA?

I feel I need to say this all the time whenever the topic comes up: I love Sting, always have, and always will defend his abilities and contributions to pro wrestling...

but he's in his 50's, his physical appearance would generously label him worthy of working in front of an ECW crowd (shirts rule!), and he's really just been nothing but "trotting out a legend" since they ran with his Joker-inspired incarnation. When Sting was used occasionally, it meant something, but as an every day roster member, he adds nothing fresh to the product and eats up a lot of money that can be spent on better production or maybe turning a decent location into a permanent home for Impact.

TNA can't draw flies off a horses ass with names like Sting, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, etc. etc. Is this poor marketing? Probably, but it also shows how insignificant TNA is and will remain unless something drastic happens. With that in mind, the best bet for TNA is to flush away it's old stars and put on a fresh new face, build it's talent up, and try and do something different. Unfortunately, EVIL AUTHORITY FIGURE DIXIE isn't the place to start, and I have no interest in watching Vince Russo inspired booking for their Main Events.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

January 17th, 2014, 10:04 pm #20

SPOILERS!!!!! KINDA! I thought it happened this week, not taped for next week. My Bad.

So... is Sting done with TNA?

I feel I need to say this all the time whenever the topic comes up: I love Sting, always have, and always will defend his abilities and contributions to pro wrestling...

but he's in his 50's, his physical appearance would generously label him worthy of working in front of an ECW crowd (shirts rule!), and he's really just been nothing but "trotting out a legend" since they ran with his Joker-inspired incarnation. When Sting was used occasionally, it meant something, but as an every day roster member, he adds nothing fresh to the product and eats up a lot of money that can be spent on better production or maybe turning a decent location into a permanent home for Impact.

TNA can't draw flies off a horses ass with names like Sting, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, etc. etc. Is this poor marketing? Probably, but it also shows how insignificant TNA is and will remain unless something drastic happens. With that in mind, the best bet for TNA is to flush away it's old stars and put on a fresh new face, build it's talent up (talent that would cost pennies on the dollar, in some cases), and try and do something different. Unfortunately, EVIL AUTHORITY FIGURE DIXIE isn't the place to start, and I have no interest in watching Vince Russo inspired booking for their Main Events.

Edit: That might have been the most fair, impartial thing I've said about TNA in a LONG time.