Moderator: Mad Dog

HELL IN A CELL Predictions, etc.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

September 13th, 2018, 8:23 pm #1

Miz and Maryse over Bryan and Brie. At this point, I think they're building up to Bryan not winning until a proper singles blow-off. 

Styles over Joe. I don't get the impression that Joe is going to get a WWE title run out of this feud.

New Day over Rusev Day. Just because.

Reigns over Braun. I think they're finally going to commit to a long title reign for Reigns after botching his coronation time and time again.

Ronda over Alexa. This is the obligatory rematch before Ronda moves on.

Orton over Jeff in the Cell, unless I've seriously misjudged their intentions for Jeff at this stage in his career.

Charlotte over Lynch. Time to start getting Charlotte ready for a big match down the road with Ronda.

Rollins and Ambrose over Ziggler and Drew via DQ/count-out/no title change. 

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

September 13th, 2018, 8:42 pm #2

Agree with you on all but two:

-I'll take Joe over Styles, in a-hole fashion. Also, I don't see both "big" champs retaining.

-Lynch over Charlotte. Otherwise, Lynch's turn will be worthless. Charlotte can always be built back up (and has been, consistently since her debut). If they don't give Lynch some credibility with a win, here, her career may be in trouble.

I'm 50/50 on The Battle of the Days-- could see them giving Rusev Day a quick run. Like Charlotte, it's been easy to build up New Day after a loss.

Orton/Hardy. Okay, then. Win or lose, I'm guessing Hardy will pull off some sort of stuntman antics, which can be on his next DVD/Blu-Ray.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

September 13th, 2018, 9:01 pm #3

I agree that Lynch not winning really kills her character/momentum for the forseeable future, but I don't think WWE sees her as a priority or worth preserving. I hope Lynch wins, but my gut instinct is Charlotte retains. 

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

September 13th, 2018, 9:23 pm #4

Fun fact: AJ Styles is on day 310 of his current title reign. If he can hang on for another two months, he crosses the 1 year mark, which would be pretty cool, considering how unlikely it was that he'd ever get signed in WWE, let alone get this sort of push. I could see Vince and co. leaving the belt on him at least long enough to make CM Punk's reign less special (out of spite) but they may feel that Lesnar's recent 500 and whatever day reign accomplished that. 

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

September 14th, 2018, 3:53 am #5

Joe over Styles.
Roman over Braun (why is this in HIAC, why is Foley the referee?)
Miz and Mrs over Brie Bryan. Bryan isn't going over until it's the climax of their rivalry.
New Day over Rusev Day
Orton over Jeff (Mr. Has a Bad Back will do something stupid for an insane bump)
Charlotte over Becky (Charlotte cheats)
Rousey over Bliss (because jobbing Rousey to ANYONE right now is stupid)
Dolph and Drew retain

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

September 16th, 2018, 2:22 am #6

I hope Joe vs. Styles goes on in the second hour so I can go to bed after. I kind of miss PPVs being special enough that if I got to see it, I would stay up for the whole thing. Now, I watch for an hour, sleep, wake up to read mediocre reviews, and then never finish them. 

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

September 17th, 2018, 10:46 am #7

All my predictions came true except....

Braun/Roman ended with a non-finish due to interference from Brock Lesnar. I went to bed and missed this.

Lynch defeated Charlotte to become the new SDL! Women's Champion. I am very happy to have been wrong about this. Becky's title win was a cool moment, with Charlotte trying to pay her respect after, and Becky refusing and mouthing off that she wasn't going to steal her moment.

Drew and Dolph retained cleanly over the Shield. I was only half paying attention for most of it and was caught off-guard by some very high ratings in other reviews this morning, so I may go back and rewatch this. 

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

September 17th, 2018, 1:51 pm #8

Everyone’s different, but to me the Earlobe Spot was the grossest thing I’ve seen.

I think there was a gag about the giant hipster earrings on Portlandia, which also grossed me out. I’m very sensitive about ears and earlobes —- even simple earrings of any kind make me uneasy.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

September 17th, 2018, 1:52 pm #9

Oh and the main event: agree with the crowd: “This is Awful”.

The "bump" with Rollins and Ziggler simultaneously jumping from the cage was ridiculous. Didn't seem like much effort was made to have it seem legitimate. As it was, both guys just kinda' said: "hey, you wanna' jump?! Okay. On 3." If you were to spontaneously fall off the cage wall while hanging on it, you'd probably fall to the floor than leap over to the table. That spot may have seemed like a good idea, on paper, but I thought it sucked live.

Reigns and Strowman both took naps while their buddies fought on top of the cage. Then McIntyre and Ambrose took a nap on the top of the cage while Lesnar did his thing.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

September 17th, 2018, 9:02 pm #10

Erick Von Erich wrote: Everyone’s different, but to me the Earlobe Spot was the grossest thing I’ve seen.

I think there was a gag about the giant hipster earrings on Portlandia, which also grossed me out. I’m very sensitive about ears and earlobes —- even simple earrings of any kind make me uneasy.
I didn't care for that either. It's amazing how they tip toe around all the time due to "PG" and sponsors and then they let that happen on the air. Hard to believe this is the same company that once fired Daniel Bryan for choking with a tie.