Moderator: dynamite kido

Global Force Wrestling

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

9:41 PM - May 11, 2015 #1

With news coming out recently that GFW will be holding tapings this summer and released a list of talent already confirmed to be appearing, is there any interest out there for Jeff Jarrett's newest rasslin' company? I've never given Lucha Underground a chance, and TNA is all but dead in my mind, but I'm slightly intrigued by having a new, more readily available option, as long as they can get a half-way decent TV Deal. I'll watch CMT if need be. I would've given TNA another shot, but Destination America isn't available on my current Comcast subscription, and don't feel like going out of my way searching youtube and dailymotion for new episodes.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

12:01 AM - May 12, 2015 #2

I'm interested. They made a lot of good decisions with the talent they announced so far. Masters, Sanada and Bullet Club are all guys I like watching.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

2:10 PM - Jun 13, 2015 #3

Looks like their first live event drew 100-200 people in a baseball stadium in Jackson, Mississippi. The event was headlined by Gallows and Anderson vs. The New Heavenly Bodies. It's also worth noting that they used a six-sided ring. Rough start for these guys.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

3:20 PM - Jun 13, 2015 #4

Woof.

I'll give them time before I prepare the cross, but if they're going to try and tour, they need stronger main events than Festus and Mr. Anderson vs.... Who?

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

6:23 PM - Jun 13, 2015 #5

There's a live report floating around the net claiming attendance of 400-500, but it's being disputed (as there's also a photo from the event where a quick head count shows somewhere around 100 people.

Also, the Anderson in the main event was Karl Anderson of New Japan's Bullet Club fame, not the disgraced almost-was star, Mr. Anderson.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

6:27 PM - Jun 13, 2015 #6

wrote:Credit: Chris Lyell & PWInsider

Crowd was between 400-500.

Former USWA manager Brandon Baxter was the ring announcer.

The Tate Twins pinned The Best Friends, Chuck Taylor & Trent Baretta in the opening match. Best Friends looked good. Crowd did not know what to make of The Best Friends.

Sonjay Dutt pinned Jamin Olivencia after a big splash off the top. Olivencia played old school heel berating ring announcer for not pronouncing his name correctly.

Thea Trinadad pinned Lei’D Tapa with a spinning DDT in a classic David vs. Goliath match.

Moose pinned 2 Cocky Kevin Matthews after a spear. Matthews pinned Moose with a roll up which got reversed by officials and they restarted the match. Moose did the Dusty Rhodes flip flop & fly into a bionic elbow which got a huge pop. Moose the most over performer of the night so far.

Chris “Adonis” Mordetzky (aka Chris Masters) defeated “5 Star” Dustin Starr (local guy) with the Masterlock. Ring announcer played up his local West Tennessee connection. Lot of back & forth and hope spots for Starr.

Jim Cornette came out to thank the fans. He paid tribute to Dusty Rhodes and did a ten bell salute. He the introduced Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett thanked the fans.

Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows with Bullet Babe pinned the New Heavenly Bodies. Before the match Bodies cut a promo on Cornette and the original Heavenly Bodies. Causing Jim Cornette to cheer on/stay at ringside with the Bullet Club. Bodies worked over Anderson until he tagged in Gallows. Cornette nailed one of the Bodies with the racket allowing Gallows to get the win. After match Jarrett comes out and shakes hand with Bullet Club.

JeepGuy
Friend of Pete Doherty
JeepGuy
Friend of Pete Doherty

9:37 PM - Jul 12, 2015 #7

No TV deal in place, maybe Destination America will add them to the ROH and Impact programming? Maybe the Fight Network would like to add it to their line-up, joining House of Hardcore?

Without that, I think they will be history in short order.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

12:44 PM - Jul 13, 2015 #8

I think it's unbelievable that they are trying to stir some sort of invasion angle between the two feds. TNA is on life support and GFW has not gained any traction whatsoever, so who cares if one DOA fed invades another DOA fed.

There's a fun picture on Scott Keith's new BlogofDoom website from the recent GFW event in Ohio, also held in minor league baseball stadium. I'd say 50-60 people would be the generous estimate. There were more people at a Wrestling is Art show I attended that was headlined by Green Ant vs. Funaki.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

12:08 AM - Jul 14, 2015 #9

I think Jarrett is positioning himself to pick up the pieces of TNA once it falls apart this winter. I have to say the shows do look a little better now that they added some TNA talent to the mix.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

2:44 PM - Jul 14, 2015 #10

The shows look alright (and former DWB poster Matt Cage is getting an opportunity on the cards) but I wish they'd just stayed away from TNA, they're starting to get their stench. Also, running baseball stadiums is such a terrible idea, because it gives smart-ass Twitter users the chance to take pictures of small crowds in a huge building and make the fed look bad before they can even get the ball going. What's wrong with taking the patient, small-time approach, and running in armories or small studios?