Moderator: dynamite kido

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

July 14th, 2015, 10:21 pm #11

The baseball stadium idea gets you a free venue with a built in audience. It's a smart play for that reason. The problem is the aforementioned small crowd. You can, of course, blame the baseball team for that if asked about it. Cheaper than running armories or small venues for that reason.
I think they have a small chance, based on low overhead. Also, they're taping a "season" of their show in Vegas, which should help them land a TV deal, as their product is already taped. Like ROH on Destination America, there is less cost for the network.
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

July 14th, 2015, 11:20 pm #12

I thought about going to that Ohio show but it was like a 3 hour drive to the middle of nowhere. They should have done it in Akron or Dayton. They picked a really stupid location.

I agree on the TNA stink too. I think Jarrett was smart in how he was positioning himself to pick over the bones once TNA dies later this year but he should have kept it off air. The second he appeared on TV and they started talking invasion angles is when he made a mistake. Guys like Magnus, Young and Roode made the cards look a lot better and I think James Storm would be a key block to build a promotion on. But the more entangled he gets with TNA the less people will give it a chance.

I hear he's trying to get TNA's slot after they go off the air. I think that wouldn't be the worst move ever.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

July 14th, 2015, 11:25 pm #13

Some TV matches were announced:

Global Title Tournament:

Curt Hawkins vs. Chris Masters
Bobby Roode vs. TBA
Kongo Kong vs. Magnus

Tag Team Title Tournament:

Chris Sabin and KUSHIDA vs. Reno Scum
The Bollywood Boys vs. Akbars

NEX*GEN Tournament - fucking stupid name for a title.

PJ Black vs. Seiya Sanada
Jigsaw vs. Sonjay Dutt

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

May 13th, 2016, 2:25 am #14

Colt Cabana vs. Damien Sandow announced for a show next month. That's legit the first match they've had that I would consider paying to see.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 13th, 2016, 2:32 am #15

I honestly thought GFW was already dead and buried. Jarrett is the Southern John Cena. He never gives up, either. Minus 99% of Cena's success rate, of course.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

May 13th, 2016, 2:35 am #16

No, they're running seasonally. I'm surprised they're still kicking as well. I guess it's good for them because they're about to get a talent infusion.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

April 27th, 2017, 11:03 am #17

And now they've merged with Impact

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

April 27th, 2017, 12:14 pm #18

I was expecting that was the end game for them as soon as Dixie got TNA booted from Spike.