Moderator: Scrooge McSuck

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

June 28th, 2016, 11:56 pm #11

Tommen took "King's Landing" too literally.

So, the show's sailing ahead (hey-oh) for a seventh season, apparently. From sometime about halfway through season 3, when the whole "Army of the Dead" began to be played up, I figured it would eventually boil down to Jon Snow & Friends, Danerys, Dragons & Friends, the Hound, Bree Ann, Tyrion & Bron vs the Dead for the Brawl to End it All. With Bran Stark doing some Amazing Mystical Shit to help turn the tide. I'd say the Lanister side gets dissolved/killed, then Jaime does a full-on face turn, once he realizes the Dead are real.

Now we've got most of the team lined up. I'm guessing Team Snow would be at odds with Team Danerys, initially, but they'll be buddies before long. It's no small accident that the dragon-glass can kill White Walkers... so Danerys' dragons HAVE to face-off with the Army of the Dead at some point.

Excited for next Spring. "Happy Shitting"!

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 24th, 2017, 7:17 pm #12

Seeing as the season finale is this weekend, thought I'd poke this thread with a stick and see if it has any life in it.

-Pretty cool that the team I predicted has come together and is rallying against the Dead.

-Forgot about Gendry. Kinda' marked out when he returned and caved in the heads of two guards. Ser Davos kinda' looked at him and sorta' said: "hey, welcome to the team".

-Expected one Dragon to die, somehow. After all, why have three if you can't make an enemy seem threatening by killing one? However, I did NOT expect the Night King to dredge up the dead dragon and turn it! After seeing how easily (?) the Dragons took out the Lannister war party, seeing one dragon do a heel turn is scary.

-At least the good guys have discovered that if you kill a White Walker, all of its surrounding wights (dead flunkies) are instantly killed as well. So, as Beric mentioned, they've already got their strategy: go for the White Walkers. I didn't realize until Season 5 or so that "White Walkers" are different from "the dead" (wights).

-Also loved that the Hound and Tormund seem to be becoming buddies, or at least bonding. "You mean Brieanne of f*ckin' Tarth?" cracked me up. Hound saved Tormund during the frozen lake battle, too.

-Like how they've slimmed down the cast quite a bit; killing off the Tyrells and Martells. With the way seemingly background characters have become essential to the overall story, it was confusing to have to pay attention to all the Tyrell and Martell characters. Ditto for Stanis' bunch, who got wiped out awhile back.

-Benjen Stark seems to have been killed off, as well. Sure, we might see him as a full-fledged wight at some point. But for the most part, his character's probably done.

-I'm wondering if the whole "Lord of Light" subplot is somehow tied to the way the White Walkers resurrect the dead? Beric's come back (6 times), Jon Snow has come back.... so maybe there's some connection that it's the same force, yet the "Lord of Light followers" filter it, differently. Or use a lighter version of it. Supposedly, Beric has lost some of his memories and humanity each time he has come back. No word of any effects on Jon Snow, though.

-Ghost is still alive, right? RIGHT?!