Moderator: The Swigg Lebowski

Destination America cancels Impact

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

May 21st, 2015, 11:01 am #1

According to Meltzer. My understanding is they're still on the air through September, due to the terms of their original agreement. Sounds like the network didn't feel the ratings were worth the price they were paying, and advertisers didn't want anything to do with TNA.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 21st, 2015, 4:14 pm #2

Did TNA have any other networks interested before Channel Discovery or whatever the fuck picked them up?

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

May 22nd, 2015, 1:37 am #3

I don't think so.

TNA issued a statement today denying the cancellation reports. This is the same company that wants to give employees lie detector tests to find out who tipped the press about late paychecks.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

May 27th, 2015, 7:59 pm #4

It was revealed today that ROH TV will begin airing on Destination America next month.

Sucks to be a TNA employee these days.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 27th, 2015, 8:17 pm #5

I'll prepare the grave... again. At least the soil is soft.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

May 28th, 2015, 12:37 am #6

It gets even better. Apparently, ROH will be on the hour before Impact, so they'll be airing back to back on Wednesdays. I'll be highly interested to see what sort of ratings ROH draws, especially in comparison to Impact.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 28th, 2015, 2:25 am #7

I don't know what that says about TNA's relationship from the beginning. Destination America couldn't wait to void their contract, and before the nail is driven into the coffin, signs up Ring of Honor for a timeslot the same night that TNA is presently airing.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

May 28th, 2015, 2:37 am #8

TNA is still on for now

but they lose any negotiating power since ROH is there

Supposedly Dixie Carter was bashing some Destination America execs in an email and accidentally ccd one of them. This was a couple of months ago

She's an idiot if she did that

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 28th, 2015, 2:51 am #9

Between that and Vince Russo accidentally sending someone TNA plans when he wasn't supposed to be under their employ, it's safe to say the following...

TNA's biggest enemy is email. An understandable frustration if you're a technical novice who has rarely used a computer in the last two decades, but for people running a company?

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

May 28th, 2015, 11:05 am #10

My understanding is that TNA is on the air until September/October. The deal they had with Destination America was multi-year, but it had an out clause for the fall if the network wasn't happy with them. Based on how quickly they canceled TNA's Saturday show, things soured pretty fast.

There was an article on 411mania this morning (that my PC wouldn't load) of the leaked memo from Destination America confirming that TNA was canceled. I guess Dixie can settle down on threatening legal action to the dirt sheets for defaming her company.

Dixie Carter accidentally ccding an executive on an e-mail is typical. She's one of the biggest public figure idiots (not in politics) I've ever seen and has been completely clueless and tonedeaf about her promotion for years.