DC Comics: 10 years later.

JimBob Skeeter
dWb Superstar
JimBob Skeeter
dWb Superstar

September 18th, 2015, 5:54 pm #1

Si, it's a really slow day at work today, and I'm surfing up a storm, going thru all my old saved bookmarks. What do I come across? The old es board. VINTAGE~!

Perusing thru the threads, I find this one about Infinite Crisis:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/ESBoard/inde ... wtopic=219

I LOVE e's last post in the thread:

"You know what really scares me about DC and Infinite CRISIS? Right now DC is being shaped by guys who loved their early 80's comics.

So in ten years, does that mean a "new generation of hacks" will come in to DC and write "ZERO CRISIS" where they bring back Gunfire, Kyle Rayner as GL, Guy Gardner:Warrior and Azrael, while having Doomsday and Bane behind the whole plot? Instead of lame George Perez imitations, they can get someone to do lame imitations of Jim Balent and Mike Deodato."

I stopped buying comics after Blackest Night, and most of my only way of keeping up on what's going on is thru here and two other sites that have scans of books just coming out and those that just came out, so I don't have a WHOLE lot of knowledge about what's going on in the DCU, except I DID notice the other night that in Action Comics, Superman is now kinda depowered, his identity is known, and he's walking from town to town. Didn't they do that in the late 80's/early 90's? What's next, in his treck, is he going to pick up a shovel and unearth the ship holding the long dormant Daysdoom?

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

September 21st, 2015, 3:16 pm #2

Oh golly. I think I have "Hamster Dance" and zombo.com in my old bookmarks. Vintage!

So nobody's brought back Gunfire, yet? Howabout Primal Force?

While I think most of my old comic book ramblings from 10 years ago are lame, my hate for DC started around that time...and I'm ashamed that I was spot-on in one of my predictions. I joked that they should have a two-page story called "Cosmic Treadmill" that jumped everything back to their precious 1982 continuity. All caused, of course, by Flash and the Cosmic Treadmill. A great metaphor, since they'd be on an actual treadmill with their ideas.

That actually happened and the Cosmic Treadmill WAS involved. Only they called it "Flashpoint". Azrael came back, for a bit.

Oh, I think Supes was de-powered for a roughly 6-issue arc, circa 1990.

EDIT: I'd completely forgotten my Bradlee Van Pelt avatar! Ahhh, those were the days.