Moderator: Mad Dog

"Crown Jewel"- Nov 2 in Saudi Arabia

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

3:21 PM - Sep 18, 2018 #1

WWE is reportedly heading back to Saudi Arabia for "The Crown Jewel", a special PPV event on November 2. The "Greatest Royal Rumble" was such a weird event, that I'll want to watch this out of curiosity. Looks like the same timeslot as "Greatest" (Friday afternoon), so that means another Friday of Goofing off at the Office(tm).

I'll say the usual line about how "there are way too many PPVs". I chuckled a little during "Hell in a Cell", when Samoa Joe was whining about the outcome of his match. "Well, you'll get your rematch in 3 weeks at the next WWE Network Special". That's not a long time. Why get upset, when you know you will have, potentially, 16 more PPV opportunities per year?

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

12:54 AM - Sep 19, 2018 #2

Rumor is there's going to be a tag match of HHH/HBK vs. Taker/Kane.

The Saudi prince must've LOVED the Attitude Era.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

5:06 PM - Sep 23, 2018 #3

Can't wait to see what Becky Lynch, Charlotte, and Ronda Rousey will get to do on this big event!

Oh, wait...

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

1:40 AM - Sep 24, 2018 #4

Sit at home, told to tweet about the show like good little soliders.

Except Rousey. Her contract doesn't make her a social media slave/whore for WWE's corporate bullshit.

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

8:24 PM - Sep 24, 2018 #5

I suppose the women's revolution can be put on hold because the Saudi's just have so. Much. Money. 

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

7:40 PM - Yesterday #6

WWE has been taking a lot of hits from mainstream news outlets for Crown Jewel, in the midst of the Saudi Arabian government accused of having a journalist murdered and dismembered at their embassy in Turkey. All signs point to WWE holding the course and powering through with the event, but fans are booing Crown Jewel graphics and references at live events and it's turning into a bigger and bigger PR mess as time goes on. 

I know this deal is financially lucrative for them in the short-term, but this could wind up costing them big time in the long term. 

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

8:47 PM - Yesterday #7

They're in the crossfires of a ,major global incident. Going through with it isn't worth it. I'm sure their stock value will drop and all that oil money is gone (left at the doorstop of HBK to unretire), but it's a deal they never should've cut to begin with, especially considering that "propaganda" piece where they basically were paid X-amount of dollars to say how amazing the fucking place is.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

9:30 PM - Yesterday #8

The "Nice E" side of me thinks: "well hey, even though there's global controversy, won't this event show how we can all come together and just have some fun watching wrestling and goofing off". 

Then the "Reality E" side of me thinks: "no, this is not the time to continue on as if nothing's wrong and suck up to Saudi Arabia. Someone's DEAD. Cap wouldn't stand for this" (yes, I realize I just referenced Captain America in something based in reality. Some have "WWJD", I have: "would Cap stand for this?").

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

12:21 AM - Today #9

"The WWE returns to beautiful Saudi Arabia on April 26th for the WWE Network exclusive, Blood Money."

The entire roster should mutiny and not go in 2 weeks. Vince can't fire everyone.