Moderator: whitemilesdavis

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 9th, 2016, 2:49 am #1121

Cornette with his weekly "pushing it too far trying to be a dick" comment: Mentioning Gibson's mother being deaf (both his mother and father, I believe, are deaf), and saying they were trying to break his hands so he couldn't communicate with her.

Since all of the following weren't used in prominent roles, I can't recall the last time we've seen... Hector Guerrero, Rip Rogers, Barry Horowitz, The Batten Twins. Again, most of these names were just talent enhancement, but were featured regularly and then poof.

People make fun of WWE for this all the time, but Cornette announced a series of matches between the RnR Express and Heavenly Bodies for the Thanksgiving Thunder tour. Four of the most dangerous matches! A Street Fight, a No DQ Match, a Falls Count Anywhere Match, and the Barbwire Cage Match.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 9th, 2016, 3:55 am #1122

"The Master" is finally revealed to be Kevin Sullivan, and along with his followers the Night Stalker and Malikai (the Mongolian Mauler and Fat Samoan are gone without mention), leave Brian Lee a bloody mess. Even Bob Caudle leaves his position to try and treason with Sullivan's brutality. Dutch Mantell actually drops a (bleeped out) S-bomb to sell the chaos.

From the 11-16-92 WON...
wrote:Kevin Sullivan's debut aired this past weekend on television. Dutch Mantell opened the show and said there was a van in the parking lot with followers all around it. At the end of the show, Sullivan came out and when Lee tried to jump him, Sullivan threw a fireball in his face and then massacred him with a spike. In reality, Lee pulled out a blade and as he was doing the dirty deed, Sullivan kicked his hand which jabbed the blade in so deep a bucket of blood was pouring out.
Ouch.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 9th, 2016, 5:46 pm #1123

I'm not saying this because I know he's leaving for WCW soon, but I'm over having Orndorff featured on TV. It's the same thing every week, and the feud with Garvin has more than ran it's course. With stronger talkers like White Boy & Wright, Cornette and the Heavenly Bodies, and Kevin Sullivan on the heel side, they can stand to lose the name value Orndorff brings.

Highlights from the Thanksgiving Thunder Tour...

"The Wild Eyed Southern Boy" Tracy Smothers wins a "Pick the Winner" Battle Royal, last eliminating the Night Stalker and Dirty White Boy. A lucky fan won a VCR for picking Smothers as the winner.

Ronnie Garvin and Danny Davis won their Handicap Match over Mr. Wonderful. Davis was still selling the neck, so the 2-on-1 wasn't too much of an advantage, I suppose.

Dirty White Boy def. Tim Horner in a Lumberjack Match when Paul Orndorff interfered on behalf of the White Boy.

The Heavenly Bodies and Rock N' Roll Express trade the titles back and forth until the Express leave the last night of the tour, the barbwire cage match, as the SMW Tag Team Champions.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

May 11th, 2016, 7:03 am #1124

Scrooge McSuck,May 8 2016 wrote: "The Master" is finally revealed to be Kevin Sullivan, and along with his followers the Night Stalker and Malikai (the Mongolian Mauler and Fat Samoan are gone without mention), leave Brian Lee a bloody mess. Even Bob Caudle leaves his position to try and treason with Sullivan's brutality. Dutch Mantell actually drops a (bleeped out) S-bomb to sell the chaos.

From the 11-16-92 WON...
wrote:Kevin Sullivan's debut aired this past weekend on television. Dutch Mantell opened the show and said there was a van in the parking lot with followers all around it. At the end of the show, Sullivan came out and when Lee tried to jump him, Sullivan threw a fireball in his face and then massacred him with a spike. In reality, Lee pulled out a blade and as he was doing the dirty deed, Sullivan kicked his hand which jabbed the blade in so deep a bucket of blood was pouring out.
Ouch.
Malakai was Demolition Blast

no clue who the samoan guy was

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

May 11th, 2016, 12:39 pm #1125

I downloaded roughly 200 WWF house shows ranging from the early 70s into the early 90s. Yeah, that's about 4 TB of wrestling I have now.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 12th, 2016, 12:11 am #1126

Tim Horner has been cutting promos with sick kids lately during his feud with the Dirty White Boy. It's almost like he's the originator of Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

May 12th, 2016, 12:13 am #1127

I will give Tim Horner some credit. He did up his promo game for the Dirty White Boy feud. He wasn't good but he stopped stumbling over his words and got his point across.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 12th, 2016, 12:30 am #1128

He still has hiccups, but they're less obvious since he seems to have more passion behind his words.

The "Beat the Champ" Title is being introduced, and it sounds like a decent concept and seems almost like something WCW did in 89-90 where they had someone run gauntlets on the weekend shows for prize money. Basically someone wins the belt and then has to defend it 5 times against "randomly drawn" opponents, and wins $1,000 for each match, plus $5,000 if he wins all five.

1992 wraps up with Horner/White Boy over the SMW Title (Horner "stole" it and played stupid about it for a week or two), there seems to be a shoe-horned heel vs. heel angle with the Stud Stable and Heavenly Bodies with the RnR Express waiting for a top contender, Bullet Bob is trying to run Kevin Sullivan out of SMW, and Garvin/Orndorff is STILL a thing.

Interesting music video that seems to focus on almost everyone in SMW in 1992, including a laundry list of no longer used talent, including among others, Terry Gordy, Dutch Mantell (as far as in-ring, obviously), Doug Furnas, The Maulers, The Wild Bunch, Bob Holly, Buddy Landel, Hector Guerrero, The Koloffs, Barry Horowitz, The Batten Twins, and the Wild Bunch.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

May 12th, 2016, 12:56 am #1129

My big goal for the summer and fall is to get all the Memphis TV footage 1979-1997 and start watching it all next year.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 12th, 2016, 12:59 am #1130

18 years worth of TV!? That's going to be quite the adventure to go through.