Moderator: Mad Dog

College Sports Thread

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

January 13th, 2010, 5:12 pm #1

Just wanted to start this because I'm really pissed, though not surprised, that Lane Kiffin left Tennessee after 1 season to coach USC after Pete Carroll left for the Seahawks.

What a bullshit move. Up until last week he was still talking about next season. Turd.
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Mad Dog
dWb Superstar
Mad Dog
dWb Superstar

January 14th, 2010, 12:36 am #2

Which is an odd move considering Carroll left mostly because of the investigations that are probably going to destroy USC.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

January 16th, 2010, 9:58 pm #3

UT Hires Louisiana Tech coach Derek Dooley. I'm going to throw my support behind him, but if he leaves after a year, I'm going to go Scroogey.
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

December 13th, 2010, 7:31 pm #4

Urban Meyer steps down as Head Coach at the University of Florida due to family/health reasons. Texas Defensive Coordinator Will Muschamp takes over. Big Coup for Florida. Muschamp is one of the names that's been thrown around for every big coaching opening.

Vanderbilt has supposedly offered it's Head Coaching position to Auburn Offensive Coordinator Gus Malzahn. Not exactly a high profile job, but if you can make Vandy a threat, then you can do it anywhere.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

December 12th, 2011, 9:54 am #5

Watched the college award shows, and I think ESPN needs to tone it down. The Heisman Show made it look as if ESPN gave the award, which really kills the prestige of the award to me. The rest were ok, but sports, and college sports in particular, really need to be careful about letting ESPN run these kinds of things