torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

May 6th, 2018, 6:21 pm #1

First a rant

Why the fuck are the PPVs dual branded again? It's fine for the big 4

They should do if for MITB as well

But not all of them. What's the point of a brand extension then?

As far as tonight, why the fuck is Lesnar not on the card? Get the belt off him already

Rollins over Miz

Nakamura over Styles. He's on fire, put the belt on him

Hardy over Orton. Don't want Orton with any belts

Charlotte over Carmella. DQ as the Iiconics get involved

Nia over Bliss. No reason to take the belt off her this soon

Reigns over Joe. But if Styles retains, Joe is winning as he will get the next title shot

Cass vs Bryan is hard to predict. Can't see Bryan losing this soon in his comeback. But they are going to push Cass. And yes Cass has improved on the mic and has the look. I'm going with the upset, Big Cass to win

KO and Sami over lashley/Strowman. Lashley turns heel. Otherwise they should have just had lashley as strowmans mystery partner at mania if they were going to become a regular team

Preshow = ruby riot over bayley

SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar
SamoaRowe
dWb Superstar

May 6th, 2018, 6:33 pm #2

They're dual branded again because Smackdown wasn't pulling it's weight running their own pay-per-views (no knock to the talent, more so how the booking was playing out). I guess that's what happens when you decide to make an unover jobber champion and grind it out for six months.

This is a good show on paper anyway.

I feel like Nakamura goes over AJ here. Probably the right time and place considering where the feud seems to be going.

Rollins over Miz.

Orton over Hardy, because any and all booking surrounding Orton is random and inexplicable.

Charlotte over Carmella in a DQ or count-out feels right.

Nia over Bliss.

Joe over Reigns. This will be my hopeful wishing hot take for the evening.

Bryan over Cass or they are out of their minds.

Lashley/Strowman over KO and Sami, because I think they see Steenerico as the types of heels who can lose all the time and stay over.

Ruby over Bayley because they don't see the same value in Bayley that I do.

HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar
HeenanandMonsoon
dWb Superstar

May 6th, 2018, 6:43 pm #3

If Nakamura doesn't win the belt tonight then he's going to be the modern day Luger. Gets a significant push but can't win the big one in the end.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 6th, 2018, 7:16 pm #4

I think AJ hits him in the nuts before the pinfall payoff and they move on with AJ/Joe. Shinsuke will get the heel tour with Orton and Hardy before his contract runs out at the end of the year.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

May 7th, 2018, 3:35 am #5

I'm stunned Carmella pinned Charlotte clean. But I liked it

Post match beatdown aside, I'm also stunned Cass tapped that quickly

Miz - Rollins was easily match of the night.

Nak vs Styles was good. Crap ending but it continues the feud

Nia vs bliss was better than I expected. Still not very good though

Guess we have KO and Zayn splitting now. KO as a face?

Reigns vs Joe the fans shitted on. Boring chants. Delete chants. Rusev day chants. It was boring in the middle. But the fans just hate reigns

Hardy with the clean win over Orton = well done

Didn't watch the preshow but Riott won

I didn't hate this show as most on the net seemed to
But it wasn't good.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

May 7th, 2018, 4:14 am #6

I didn't watch, so no quality opinions, but...

1. Carmella and Nia Jax are both wrong choices for women's Champion at the time. It feels like a game of "your turn with the belt". Jax winning at Mania was fine for the story, but babyface Goliath rarely stays over, and from what I heard, the crowd either was indifferent or dumped on her passionate anti-bullying promo.

2. The double ball shot KO? SERIOUSLY.

3. Again, no titles switched, so nothing was missed. It was obvious Miz wasn't winning, and the US Title swapped too many times recently. Both Women's Titles should've changed.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

May 7th, 2018, 5:40 pm #7

Crowd was indifferent to Jax's post match promo

No way Bliss should have the belt again. She's not good in the ring and has had it way too many times.

But yeah Jax as a face champ isn't working.

Carmella sucks in the ring also. But like bliss, she's hot and good on the mic (bliss is better on the mic though). I was stunned she beat Charlotte clean. But I didn't want her to lose it back that quick.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

May 8th, 2018, 2:32 pm #8

Started watching, last night. Rollins/Miz is good, but Miz's offense still bothers me. He used mostly a variation of punch/kick/knee and constantly tried to counter to set-up the ASCF. Especially lame, when you consider that he hit the ASCF...TWICE..and Rollins kicked out, both times. Aside from that, his only other significant move was a figure four attempt.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

May 11th, 2018, 5:53 am #9

Miz is far from an elite worker. But he's a master at "manipulating" a crowd. And the best on the mic today

He was a horrible worker when he started. I think he's decent now.