Moderator: Mad Dog

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

August 1st, 2018, 4:12 am #21

Looks like the Rays are contending for lowest payroll in baseball along with the Marlins. 

Once Longo went, that was it for me having any kind of emotional connection to any players on the team. I tricked myself into thinking he was untradeable and got burned for the last time. The Rays dumped Archer, Evoldi and Andriese, and Blake Snell is on the DL. That 54-53 record might end up being something like 64-98 with how depleted the rotation/bullpen is after all the trades they made since the beginning of June.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 1st, 2018, 6:13 am #22

Nationals 25 Mets 4

Yep. 

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 1st, 2018, 3:26 pm #23

That's a first quarter NBA score. The Mets needed to call a few time-outs.

Too bad Tim Tebow won't be making it to the Mets, this year. Just when things couldn't get worse... they'd get Tebow!

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 2nd, 2018, 6:08 am #24

Sonny Gray needs to be DFA by the Yankees

He can't handle the pressures of NY

He was smiling today headed back to he dugout when getting
knocked in the third inning

racist tweets from years ago have come out as well
They traded for J.A. Haap and Lance Lynn in the past week

Bye bye Gray 

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 3rd, 2018, 7:47 pm #25

Sonny Gray's ERA has some very big home/away splits:
Home: 7.71
Road: 3.62

They'll probably do a waiver-wire trade with him, before the season's over. Due to those splits and Gray's potential upside, the whole waiver process could be tricky, as I imagine a lower team would put in a claim for him.

It might help if we had some context on the (since deleted) tweet. Who is "Sir_Peanut" for one? Currently, Twitter has "temporarily restricted" that account.

This whole "digging deep for old racist, homophobic or sexist tweets" trend is kinda' unsettling. Stinks of poor "gotcha" journalism. I'm surprised Jeremy Shockey slandering Bill Parcells hasn't re-surfaced.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 11th, 2018, 6:55 am #26

He's in the bullpen now. He will be traded for a class Z minors leaguer and a six pack of beer in the off season. Domestic not imported