Moderator: Mad Dog

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 11th, 2017, 9:23 pm #41

A good 7th inning reliever gets more back in a trade than a good power hitter

That's how the game has changed

Not saying Bruce is elite. But he's pretty good (last Half season with the Mets not withstanding)

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 14th, 2017, 7:07 am #42

Neil walker and cash from the Mets to the brewers for a player to be named

Mets are cleaning house of vets who would be FAs

Granderson should be next

Cabrera would get them a six pack of beer at most so not sure he'll be traded

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 16th, 2017, 5:54 am #43

Yanks beat the Mets again. Good

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 17th, 2017, 8:32 am #44

3 in a row over the jabroni Mets

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 18th, 2017, 6:57 am #45

4 game sweep

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 24th, 2017, 6:00 pm #46

Rich Hill no-hit the Pirates for 9 innings in a 0-0 stalemate. They sent him back out there for the bottom of the 10th and he gave up a home run to Josh Harrison, losing the no-hitter and taking the loss. Funny thing was, Pirates commentator Bob Walk questioned why Hill was back out there for the 10th, saying only bad things could happen--and they did.

Curious if this counts as a "no-hitter". 9 inning and no hits= no hitter? Or if it's one of those Harvey Haddix or Lefty Leifeld type of anomalies.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

August 24th, 2017, 6:06 pm #47

Sounds like Rich Hill will just be a weird trivia question. Found the following via Wikipedia and Andy Hawkins' page:
wrote:On September 4, 1991 the Committee for Statistical Accuracy, appointed by Commissioner Fay Vincent, changed the definition of a no-hitter to require that a pitcher must throw at least nine full innings and a complete game for the no-hitter to be official
Since Hill recorded no outs in the bottom of the 10th before giving up the home run (Harrison was the first batter), I guess that voids it from being a complete game.

I'm assuming the 1991 rule was placed in order to prevent weirdness such as "he pitched a no-hitter but lost". I'm okay with that, since I kinda' feel you should, y'know, WIN the game if you've pitched an official no-hitter.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

August 25th, 2017, 2:52 am #48

Erick Von Erich,Aug 24 2017 wrote: Rich Hill no-hit the Pirates for 9 innings in a 0-0 stalemate. They sent him back out there for the bottom of the 10th and he gave up a home run to Josh Harrison, losing the no-hitter and taking the loss. Funny thing was, Pirates commentator Bob Walk questioned why Hill was back out there for the 10th, saying only bad things could happen--and they did.

Curious if this counts as a "no-hitter". 9 inning and no hits= no hitter? Or if it's one of those Harvey Haddix or Lefty Leifeld type of anomalies.
No clue about lefty leifeld

I know of the Haddix game

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

September 1st, 2017, 6:25 pm #49

So, pretty big deal: the Astros picked up Justin Verlander. Probably their biggest trade since they got Carlos Beltran in 2004.

While talking about the World Series on Tuesday night with a friend, I took the easy picks and chose the Dodgers and the Astros. Feel better about that, now.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

September 28th, 2017, 7:44 am #50

Yankees are either losing in the Wild card game or winning the World Series

Wild card game is a crap shoot

But they have the best bullpen in baseball...power hitting. And an above average starting rotation
So I could see them winning it all